Pistol For Humane Dispatch Etc Etc ?

Guest vin

I have a .177 rws walther cp225 that is co2 and had an 8 shot magazine maybe something like that would do for close range stuff ?I have only used it on slugs so far makes a right mess of one of those.

You hunt slugs? :icon_eek:

Strewth... I've heard of vermin control, this must be Extreme Vermin Control... :D

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use "combs" when I've rats, squirrels or mink in my traps. This gets them in a tight space and unable to move around in the cage. A tempest is more than capable then

Fair point, it would also look unprofessional if you need a second shot at all, but I do understand, it does happen.   HW45 then

Just a thought though, if it is tree rats you after or are the target of choice, you dont want to be picking up a mightly pissed off squirrel with one hand and bashing it with the other... it'll chew

Any 'decent' pistol will do...

Why not use your rifle again for that second shot? Or just ring a neck...

Can't use a rifle when I'm in a confined space .. that's the reason for the pistol question.. It would look very unprofessional trying to neck a rat or squirrel in front of a distressed paying customer :hmm:

The professional way is to keep clients, distressed or not, out of the way during such acts!

• Like 1

Can't use a rifle when I'm in a confined space .. that's the reason for the pistol question.. It would look very unprofessional trying to neck a rat or squirrel in front of a distressed paying customer :hmm:

The professional way is to keep clients, distressed or not, out of the way during such acts!

Thanks for the words of wisdom.. condescending is a word that springs to mind.. ;)

Thanks for the words of wisdom.. condescending is a word that springs to mind.. ;)

You have asked for and been given a lot of sensible, accurate and useful advice from a number of people on this thread.

You would be best to learn from those who know better than you and accept it rather than trying to be clever!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

You have asked for and been given a lot of sensible, accurate and useful advice from a number of people on this thread.

You would be best to learn from those who know better than you and accept it rather than trying to be clever!

Yes I have been given some very useful and interesting advice on the subject of my post.

Funny how you edited your 1st reply from this morning... You must have read it back and realized you were being rather condescending. :hmm:

If you haven't got anything useful to say...why bother..? I won't be asking anymore questions that's a cert.

Thanks to to all the genuine and helpful replies and PMs I have received... I now have my question and solutions sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding original post had a similar problem at the weekend this was with a rabbit.First shot head shot, rabbit bolted a short distance through a dry stone wall and on checking was down but needed either another shot or dispatched quickly,The perm owner has one big stipulation be careful with his walls(at i think £60 a yard i agree)..I was unable to take another shot or get to it quick and in the end grabbed a stick and struggled to moved it away from wall, eventually i was able to get another shot in.Never been in that predicament before and a pistol would of been very useful at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

There is an answer to the OP's situation. Not a pistol though. Well, not even a 'proper' air gun, more of a kid's toy. The trigger pull is shite due to it also powering the revolving plastic magazine. The power band is wider than a US highway meaning that for longer range shooting it is laughably inaccurate. I'm not selling this am I? :laugh:

But it is multi shot and powerful enough to kill a rat at close range. And I don't mean by hitting it over the head with the stock. Well, give the stock is hollow plastic that wouldn't be a good idea. So, if you want a short, actually very short, rifle that is multi shot and handy enough to take into lofts and won't break the bank have a look at the Crosman 1077.