Bull Lurcher Questions

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been watching a fair few over the last couple of months,..realy impressed by their many attributes....   On several ocassions recently, I have found myself wishing, that I could go back a few years,

Did the lurcher you lost cover your hunting requirements ?,if it did id source another of the same ilk.If it did not id re-evaluate what you need from a lurcher then decide on the type that would suit

Dont obsess about whats in the mix too much pal, if you want a knock about lurcher then keep yourself open to possibilities.

:hmm:Been watching a fair few over the last couple of months,..realy impressed by their many attributes....

On several ocassions recently, I have found myself wishing, that I could go back a few years,..maybe have my time again,..possibly do things a wee bit different,...then,..good sence prevails,..I say goodbye to the bull bloods,...click in the wee Collie Cur,..and sensibly,..act me fecking age... :laugh:

• Like 5

:hmm:Been watching a fair few over the last couple of months,..realy impressed by their many attributes....

On several ocassions recently, I have found myself wishing, that I could go back a few years,..maybe have my time again,..possibly do things a wee bit different,...then,..good sence prevails,..I say goodbye to the bull bloods,...click in the wee Collie Cur,..and sensibly,..act me fecking age... :laugh:

your never too old for a bit of bully lol
  • Like 1

No mate he's from my way in Herts!! Although I do know of a big eared Welshman lol

Would that be S.B stuff J? I've heard good stuff about them. Do you get out with him a bit?
Yeh mate! Have done but not for a while, speak to him a bit tho....more me pestering him for info lol..Every dog Iv seen from that stuff, either proper or watered down has been spot on. Edited by j1985
  • Like 1

The bull x is a great dog if you source one from the correct breeding. They are what they are dont be expecting a 5 out 5 day time hare dog because they aint they wee bred for teeth and teeth only.

They not rabbit or hare dogs put it that way

Many a Bull bred lurcher,especially 1/4 bred uns,are more than useful mutts in the field,especially on a bunny or a long gallop.Its the naive nonsense that Bull bred lurchers are the ultimate slayer and struggle on anything that "don,t bite back".Possibly why the type suffers more fools than any other lurcher type.
Very true words morton I have seen 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4 Breeds work and the are all excellent dogs. I have seen them take most quarry and a rabbit is no problem for them

I myself was hoping to get one before next season but think it might be next year now due to unforseen circumstances.

If you get a well bred one you will never look back. They are excellent at what they do and are also very playful with the family

Edited by dogmad riley

1/4 bull is loads but just be prepared for the madness in them Iv had collie crosses for foxes in the past and they were bang on but I got a bull cross last season and no mo Ye could buy him off me .hes a total different kettle of fish

• Like 1