Amazing Mega Cheap Torch

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First off thanks to tomburras for making me think about these, and his general help, also to David.evans and bigmac 97kt, for their generosity in supplying me with some very useful bits.   Let me se

Very true! Iv got a fair few lamps starting at t20,s torches up to a nightmaster 800 torch and hand held lamps from deben up to HID for my running dogs but for £3.42 it's great and will do the job fo

Me too they are good arnt they! When it burns out pm me ill post you one iv got got a spare

Posted Images

Hi Deker has it landed yet? If so what do you think to it?

I found a single mode drop in if you want but it's twice the cost of a full torch!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1-Mode-1000-Lumen-Module-Flashlight-Replacement/dp/B00PY0YMVY

No sign of anything yet, ordered lamp, batteries and charger, actually ordered an additional different lamp whist I was at it which was a grand total of £1.82p delivered, very likely rubbish, but at that price I thought it worth the gamble.

I received confirmation within a day or two that everything had been shipped, but nothing turned up yet!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

I've only ever used these... one on my rifle and one for spotting never failed me but I don't get out as much as I'd like too so I guess it comes down too circumstances if I'm honest and I was out 4 nights a week I would probably invest in a good quality torch also be cautious there's a lot of fake 18650 battery about that are very dangerous mine come with a insert that converts it to take 3 triple a,s. Arb be safe

• Like 1

Hi Deker has it landed yet? If so what do you think to it?

I found a single mode drop in if you want but it's twice the cost of a full torch!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1-Mode-1000-Lumen-Module-Flashlight-Replacement/dp/B00PY0YMVY

No sign of anything yet, ordered lamp, batteries and charger, actually ordered an additional different lamp whist I was at it which was a grand total of £1.82p delivered, very likely rubbish, but at that price I thought it worth the gamble.

I received confirmation within a day or two that everything had been shipped, but nothing turned up yet!

I ordered mine same time as you and mine just landed so hopefully yours will soon.

I've only ever used these... one on my rifle and one for spotting never failed me but I don't get out as much as I'd like too so I guess it comes down too circumstances if I'm honest and I was out 4 nights a week I would probably invest in a good quality torch also be cautious there's a lot of fake 18650 battery about that are very dangerous mine come with a insert that converts it to take 3 triple a,s. Arb be safe

For £3 they are the cheapest lamping torch ever and piss all over some lamps like the logun smartlight.

I got use one on my imp and use a hand held t20 for spotting it makes for a mega lightweight set up.

Decker

I've got a couple of 18650 s , you can have . No charger tho !

Pm your addy , and I'll get em off to you

Atb

Ps , off course the will be fully charged , befor posted

Much appreciated, PM on the way!

:thumbs:

First off thanks to tomburras for making me think about these, and his general help, also to David.evans and bigmac 97kt, for their generosity in supplying me with some very useful bits.

Let me set the scene, I already have 2 conventional Lamping kits (Tracer Mini and Max) and night vision, but these torches are a new world to me!

post-10759-0-04369300-1464266372_thumb.jpg

The unit this thread is about is top, arrived yesterday, and the unit below which just turned up was simply a chance I took for £1.82p (all in and delivered, also seen them at £1.79p.)

Top Unit has 5 modes and bottom 3 modes, both zoom and both are allegedly 3000LM, not had a chance to check todays arrival properly yet, but the whole thing is smaller, a bit cheaper looking and seems to have a smaller lamp.

Anyway, its VERY early days, time will tell. but at the moment I have to say I'm impressed, to the extent I'm looking at some 4000 and 5000LM units as well now. These look likely to prove a very useful addition to my night shooting kit, and as a general torch regardless of that!

Thanks to everyone for their help here!

:thumbs:

Edit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zoomable-3000-LM-3-Modes-CREE-XML-T6-LED-18650-Flashlight-Lamp-Focus-Torch-UK/222032822200?rt=nc&_soffid=5015691902&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer&_trksid=p5731.m3795

Not even the price of a HALF pint down the local!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 3

Ok, the thread topic unit casts a wider beam on full zoom and is brighter on no zoom, it also appears and feels a better made unit.

The cheap one is absolutely fine without zoom giving more light than most will ever need, on full zoom it is a much narrower beam which is usable further than the other unit.

Frankly, both are suitable for the majority of night work I have in mind for them, but the cheap unit will take you out a bit further, this is counter acted by its narrow beam which may take some accurate lining up in the scope clamp fitting, as it has quite a small/narrow tube. The main unit also has full/medium/dim settings whilst the cheap unit just full and dim.

Happy and pleased with both, ordered a 5000LM unit last night as well.

Does anyone have/use anything MORE powerful than a 5000LM torch, if so which and what do you think of it please.

Cheers

• Like 1