Anthony Joshua V Dominic Breazeale

Makes you laugh with this Hughie kid he,s been a pro longer than Joshua yet the same people moaning about Joshua fighting rollovers dont mind a more experienced pro like Fury being babied along in absolute nothing fights......if Joshua had not of won a gold would it be acceptable for him to have these sort of fights as well ?

As for all this Kassi fought the man who Joshua is fighting so that makes him a tough opponent :D......you dont fight a name you fight a man whos to say the same man was in the same shape with the same desire for both opponents !

Well if you want to say that it's true yes They both had thier pro debuts in the same year Hughie a few months longer than aj

But then if you consider the time Hughie spent out of the sport due to his injury then it's not relevant

also consider the age between them Hughie is a 21 year old and Anthony 26

Joshua never laced a glove on till he was 18 years old..........Fury was born with a gumshield in his mouth.....gypsy bred born warrior fighting since he could walk.......etc.......wasnt he ?..........cant have it both ways ;)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im not on the dole moron, you think because I had a days fishing im on the dole. When you work for a real company not laying 4mm on tarmac on grannies drives you get paid holiday

I do like the quick turnrpund from last fight cant be doing with these 12 month between each fight merchents, I get the impression joshua would fight everyweek if theyd let him

4 posts in and its already gone T.O.L ffs give your heads a shake lads

Of course he did, hell he was out jabbing Larry Holmes and Pinklon Thomas, two fighters with great jabs.

I don't know where you got that from? Tyson won every round against Tucker I believe. Tyson was far from a slugger imo, he did all his best work at mid range, his inside game wasn't brilliant as he was lazy and would let people hold him inside the clinch. Yes he neglected head movement post Rooney, but what pisses me off about Tyson is all the excuses. All fighters have problems inside and outside the ring, the fanatics can't accept he was beaten by the better man in Douglas.

When you say out jabbed.....do you actually think he could of out pointed either of those 2 gents over 12 rounds on his jab ?.......his jab wasnt a stand alone punch like a Liston jab that would damage whatever it hit or a peak Holmes jab that could win fights it was purely a filler he could never of won a fight with it which is the benchmark for a great jab surely.......i dont think Tucker beat him but he certainly showed the way he was going to be beaten.....as for the fanatics/excuses etc i couldnt agree more ive said for years he was a good champion probably on par with someone like Ezzard Charles but how could he be classed a great champion based on some imaginary peak that he never reached or potential he never fulfilled Douglas was the far superior fighter it shouldnt be filed away as some kind of fluke that we have to look past and forget.....why folk give him these silly excuses has always been beyond me.

Yes in a way, his great head movement enabled him to slip jabs whilst landing his own. Of course his jab wasn't anything like a Sonny Liston's or Larry Holmes's.

He's definitely an ATG IMO and more than likely makes it into the top 10 all time list. He had exceptional skills and power to boot. He just wasn't unbeatable like his fan boys believed. He may have had an off night against Douglas but barring the knockdown Tyson was completely dominated from the get go. By the way Douglas could have been so much better if he had that bit more dedication, he had all the talent in the world.

Makes you laugh with this Hughie kid he,s been a pro longer than Joshua yet the same people moaning about Joshua fighting rollovers dont mind a more experienced pro like Fury being babied along in absolute nothing fights......if Joshua had not of won a gold would it be acceptable for him to have these sort of fights as well ?

As for all this Kassi fought the man who Joshua is fighting so that makes him a tough opponent :D......you dont fight a name you fight a man whos to say the same man was in the same shape with the same desire for both opponents !

Well if you want to say that it's true yes They both had thier pro debuts in the same year Hughie a few months longer than aj

But then if you consider the time Hughie spent out of the sport due to his injury then it's not relevant

Joshua never laced a glove on till he was 18 years old..........Fury was born with a gumshield in his mouth.....gypsy bred born warrior fighting since he could walk.......etc.......wasnt he ?..........cant have it both ways ;)

where on about professional boxing not cobble fighting if that's the only answer you can come up with you know you can't come up with anything else

where on about professional boxing not cobble fighting if that's the only answer you can come up with you know you can't come up with anything else
26 is still young to be fighting at the level he is Cushty. And like gnash said he's only been at it 8 years.

I get what you're saying about cobble fighting etc but them travelling lads are hitting bags and pads as soon as they are up and about. Aren't they? That's the impression I've always got.

Based on that, hughie has been boxing (to some degree) for twice as long as Joshua.

I think it's madness comparing the 2 though.

Hughie is an up and coming heavyweight, learning his trade, who may one day fight at a decent level. Joshua is most of the way there and his fights are only going to get harder over the coming months.

Yes in a way, his great head movement enabled him to slip jabs whilst landing his own. Of course his jab wasn't anything like a Sonny Liston's or Larry Holmes's.

He's definitely an ATG IMO and more than likely makes it into the top 10 all time list. He had exceptional skills and power to boot. He just wasn't unbeatable like his fan boys believed. He may have had an off night against Douglas but barring the knockdown Tyson was completely dominated from the get go. By the way Douglas could have been so much better if he had that bit more dedication, he had all the talent in the world.

All the great fighters through the ages have had off nights or fights they wasnt in particularly good shape for,coming through those fights is what adds to their greatness....lacking motivation is a pretty hollow excuse for a fighter at his physical peak to make against a fighter like Douglas.....and lets face it if not Douglas he would of come unstuck sooner or later as his pure boxing ability and certainly his pure fighting ability were just not up to the ridiculous hype that surrounded him at the time.....or indeed to this day for some people.

Whats fighting on the cobbles got to do with anything both them Fury boys have clearly stated neither of them have ever had a fight outside a boxing ring in their life.

These Fury lads have supposedly been around boxing from a very early age.....Joshua had never lifted a boxing glove until virtually a full grown man......it is what it is !

• Like 1