I'm Still Not Dead!

Hey there everyone.

Long time no speak…probably a year or more.

I've been beyond busy but have managed to get out 3 times in the last week. First was with a camera, but no batteries, next 2 were with guns.

Ended up bagging 15 rats on Friday night, and the farmer was overjoyed, so I'm doing that again this Friday. Today I have bagged 2 kitten rabbits for a guy from work. His dad is an old fella and rabbit stew reminds him of his passed wife. But with him being so old, he needs to have really soft juicy meat, so had to be kits.

This is probably all you'll hear from me in ages.

My amazing project was going to be a remotely controlled ratting set-up. But that's on the back burner by quite some margin! Sorry everyone. Would have been a great thing to show.

Speak to you all soon.

RemyBolt.

Did not know you had gone :whistling::thumbs:

Nice shooting by the way the only good rat is a dead rat

Theirs the hairs way up on the back of me neck aaaaa you just got to say rat and they stand up lol :laugh:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad nobody missed me…or even knows who I am haha. I hope you've all been keeping yourself out of prison, but still in enough trouble to have fun.

Went out last night to start my project, just trying out a few bits of gear, then on to my shooting (ratting as usual). The equipment was a couple of permanently placeable CCTV IR lights, power sources and a couple of bluetooth bits and bobs. I hate changing batteries or setting stuff up, so a couple of IR lights down the belt was the idea, then a placeable remote gun system.

Popped the lights on, cable ties holding them in place…WORKS A DREAM!!! No more battery changes for me (well, for my IR light anyway). That's reduced my gun weight by taking off my IR torch/illuminator off the top. Fitted a new variable power scope 3-9x50. Better light intake means I can get a better image on my modified camera down the bottom of the belt. HAPPY ME!!! Open a new bottle of gun oil, pop a drop on the cap of the CO2 cylinder and another on the O-ring on the bolt and a final drop around the barrel. Send a pellet down the barrel to lube it all up…and…my trigger finger feels a breeze. CRAP!!! 1 hour setting everything up, moving wires, adjusting cable-ties, prepping the gun, lining up the camera…my valve O-ring decides to give up the ghost and die on me. WHOLE SESSION ENDED. I normally have a spares kit with me in the car, but I was so busy confusing on getting the gear set up and not forgetting any electrical gear, I forgot the 5th thing that I normally pack. Item 1 - gun. Item 2 - CO2. Item 3 - pellets. Item 4 - Spare energy for me and the IR system (Rockstar energy drink and batteries). Item 5 - wait….what was that again…?…rum….oh yeah, SPARES. On an up note though, that everyone will laugh at me for…any guesses which O-ring I do not have in my spares box? The one I was meant to order a week or 2 ago that kept being forgotten? Damn right, valve O-ring. Worse shooting session ever…apart from the one where I was thigh deep in chicken poo water!

• Like 1