Rowing To Belgium!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads,   I may have mentioned I'm rowing the channel this year with a group of mates in a 6 man Cornish gig, me and a mate are 40 this year and wanted to do something a bit different to "celebrate" l

DONE IT!!!   Just got back, I'm f****d!! Lol That was tough, glad it's done now   Cheers for all the replies and donations lads

Two irainians have just done it in a blow up dinghy I don't know what all the fuss is about now seriously the very best of luck that's a awsom challenge for a good charity fair play to you

Blimey....puts my little race against my pal up Scafell Pike in the shade !.....good for you mate i wish you the best,nice charity that as well :thumbs:

Nah!

Scarfell? Really?

Yes a couple of years ago now.......i lost :cray:

Blimey....puts my little race against my pal up Scafell Pike in the shade !.....good for you mate i wish you the best,nice charity that as well :thumbs:

Nah!

Scarfell? Really?

You gotta be long and skinny for that one.

That aint you lol lol

Its alot easier coming down that's for sure.

Fec knows how them fell runners do it.

There touched that lot.

Nah!

Scarfell? Really?

You gotta be long and skinny for that one.

That aint you lol lol

Its alot easier coming down that's for sure.

Fec knows how them fell runners do it.

There touched that lot.

Little fuckers hardly Mo Farrah !! :D

FullSizeRender_zps9drck0yz.jpg

We,re doing the London Marathon next year :icon_redface: .......well its for charity innit !!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the fund raising has been ramped up now,

Whilst the girls are away me and Fin, plus a few more of the lads and kids are going up City for the last game of the season, collection buckets in hand!! Not my normal scene tbh, but get to watch the game and hopefully raise a coupe of quid.

Was meant to be down stonehouse barracks with the marines for our first training session in the gigg last week, fell through so lined up for next week.... Just what I need a marine PTI shouting at me to row faster ffs!! Lol

• Like 4

Nah!Scarfell? Really?
You gotta be long and skinny for that one.That aint you lol lolIts alot easier coming down that's for sure.Fec knows how them fell runners do it.There touched that lot.

Little fuckers hardly Mo Farrah !! :DFullSizeRender_zps9drck0yz.jpg We,re doing the London Marathon next year :icon_redface: .......well its for charity innit !!

Cracking pic Gnash, even though you sneaked a hammers shirt into it lol

Nah!Scarfell? Really?
You gotta be long and skinny for that one.That aint you lol lolIts alot easier coming down that's for sure.Fec knows how them fell runners do it.There touched that lot.

Little fuckers hardly Mo Farrah !! :DFullSizeRender_zps9drck0yz.jpg We,re doing the London Marathon next year :icon_redface: .......well its for charity innit !!

The London marathon! !

Fec me and theres me struggling with tescos and back lol

What charity are you running for?

Well the fund raising has been ramped up now,

Whilst the girls are away me and Fin, plus a few more of the lads and kids are going up City for the last game of the season, collection buckets in hand!! Not my normal scene tbh, but get to watch the game and hopefully raise a coupe of quid.

Was meant to be down stonehouse barracks with the marines for our first training session in the gigg last week, fell through so lined up for next week.... Just what I need a marine PTI shouting at me to row faster ffs!! Lol

Corr you boys are gonna get beasted lol lol.

Look forward to hearing all about it if you make it back from training camp lol lol

• Like 1

Perfectly normal mountain climbing attire........aint it ? :D

The London marathon! !

LIttle Havens Kids Hospice over Benfleet way ;)

The London marathon! !

My oleman done the coast to coast walk many years ago.

He raised enough for a cardiac machine at st Margarets hospital.

Hes got some stunning shots of the views.

My old brother in law comes from Egremont, so I done a bit of hill walking a few years back.

Beautiful part of the world.

Well yesterday raised £460 in the buckets (inc gift aid), sat and watched a pretty shit 1-1 draw, but really enjoyed it.

Seen a few old mates, got promised a bit more money on the just giving page, and collared the chairman (old mate of mine) to put a prize up for our auction night, which he kindly said he would.

Never shook a bucket before yesterday, felt a bit odd tbh, plusgave out 1000 flyers detailing our event, the charity chairman was with us and he loved the day.

The kids were unreal right amongst the crowd, Fin proudly telling them " my dads rowing the channel" lol....

Well got to do it now eh!!

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 4

Bit of training on the kayak today.

Trolled some feathers around for a couple of hours and caught some mackerel for tea.....that's the sort of training I enjoy!! Lol

• Like 1

I would say so mate...... Seem to be getting everywhere now these hammers fans, amazing what a big new fancy stadium and pushing for Europe does eh!! Lol lol

The London marathon! !

Nice charity mate,

This one we're doing it for the chairman is from the same estate I grew up on, knows my old man from old..... But he's an ex copper.... My dad turned up Saturday to help us shake the buckets, Jeff made a remark about the old days and his he never in his life thought he'd have him shaking a bucket for him.... Fair play t the old man, it was well out of his comfort zone lol

• 5 months later...