Meat Birds

Guest Navek

I've tried all them sasos, cobs bloody horrible things to keep. Bough 100 sasos to rear for xmas market they weren't fun to rear at all imo. They couldn't stand up and just eat eat eat. No my cupa tea. If I was rearing just for my self I'd put an Indian game cock over a Wyandotte or s Sussex and rear the chick for the table. Takes a bit longer to reach killing weight but much more enjoyable than them commercial meat birds.

Edited by stevo79
  • Like 2

Cobbs or hubbards, I have 50 at the mo, I get them about every 5 months or so, dirt cheap, and they are very entertaining when free ranged, s and t poultry, excellent birds and service from Steve and tina

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Navek

Well been up the allotment today cleaned it all up and emptied everything off it so it's now just roughly 100 foot by 50 foot so good bit off room keep acouple of hens on .going section it off and have pen of meat birds and a pen for laying and a pen for breeding and most important thing a little caravan for when the Dragon kicks me out lol going stick acouple raised beds in aswell so the kids can grow some strawberrys,carrots ,turnips ect ect ... As for the meat birds I'm going try some Indian game cross

Well been up the allotment today cleaned it all up and emptied everything off it so it's now just roughly 100 foot by 50 foot so good bit off room keep acouple of hens on .going section it off and have pen of meat birds and a pen for laying and a pen for breeding and most important thing a little caravan for when the Dragon kicks me out lol going stick acouple raised beds in aswell so the kids can grow some strawberrys,carrots ,turnips ect ect ... As for the meat birds I'm going try some Indian game cross

I let my meat birds run free range with the chickens, the older they get, the less they wander from home.

I got some barnevelder hens would love to run a Indian game cockerel with them,but I live in middle of a housing estate,don't think neighbours would love it,the hens make enough noise.