You Can Polish It!

As some of you may know an old fishing buddy of mine moved next door to me, turned out he likes air rifles as well so I took him on a stroll to my local purveyor of fine shooting implements and with the last of his pocket money he splashed out on the mighty SMK XS19 (he wanted a cheap gun for backyard plinking and at £100 with a cheap SMK scope and mounts thrown in he was happy and is currently plinking away setting it up in his back garden.

The beast has had little use beyond being put in a gun rack it appears and is happily spitting .22 Crosmans at 11 ft lb.

Anyway I was after another scope for my 60S and he had a Hawke for sale, £25, with mounts. Now this scope has been on a centrefire rifle and the guy who owned it was forces who put the scope on the picatinny mounts and sprayed the whole lot green, green camo paint!

I kiddeth you not!!

Hawke%20Rescue%208_zpsuxw1lwvs.jpg

Hawke%20Rescue%205_zps9jfjdzjd.jpg

Lovely isn't it?

We had some Prosolv Graffiti Remover lurking about so I gave the scope a quick spray, and look what was lurking underneath!

Hawke%20Rescue%209_zpsd4ilsggk.jpg

Hawke%20Rescue%201_zpsbxasfxc0.jpg

Hawke%20Rescue%2011_zpskfz3eked.jpg

Hawke%20Rescue%2010_zpsjuwks7g4.jpg

Now that's better!

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 4

cleaned up very well, looks new :thumbs: ................all you need now is a hoover to clean the dog hairs on your sofa.........lol........ :laugh:

Or a hoover to get rid of the dog hairs on the dog! Algy is moulting and being a long haired Corgi, there it loads of the stuff, has a permanent moth eaten look about him for about 3 weeks!

• Like 1