The Spring Traps Approval (Variation) (England) Order 2016

Already did buddy and they are inhumane. I voiced my fears but they were passed anyway. There is a design fault that greatly increases foul catches. In my opinion they have not been 'tested' on live animals as they wouldn't have been passed. As it is; the old boys network all piss in the same pocket and so it was opassed. However when I wanted to submit a far better, upgraded and humane version i was told it was going to cost 10 grand (at least) to test them.

it's not what you know eh?...

• Like 3

What's it all about JD, is it just a money racket?

Another thing! With last year's changes including the addition of the Duke 116 for squirrel, what real benefit does this trap give us? BMI being a far superior trap, I don't see a need for Duke. Well unless BMI are intending to cease production of the 116?

Another thing! With last year's changes including the addition of the Duke 116 for squirrel, what real benefit does this trap give us? BMI being a far superior trap, I don't see a need for Duke. Well unless BMI are intending to cease production of the 116?

is there even such a trap?? It is amazing how they can pass a trap that doesn't exist.....hhhmm....

the koro has a bar that fires forward and can push the target out of the way of the kill bar. This is a bad, bad design that will cause injuries and non-lethal catches such as toes and feet......of course, if they had tried the trap out they'd know that. but they didn't.....there's only one way to set a Koro to get 100% kill (or as near as damn it) and they have specified it cannot be used in such a way...it's really, really quite mad!!

is there even such a trap?? It is amazing how they can pass a trap that doesn't exist.....hhhmm....

the koro has a bar that fires forward and can push the target out of the way of the kill bar. This is a bad, bad design that will cause injuries and non-lethal catches such as toes and feet......of course, if they had tried the trap out they'd know that. but they didn't.....there's only one way to set a Koro to get 100% kill (or as near as damn it) and they have specified it cannot be used in such a way...it's really, really quite mad!!

It all seems a bit crazy! The first time I heard of a Duke 116, was on that STAO legislation form. Did they test a prototype, before giving Duke the go ahead, to put a 116 into production? Did it ever go into production? Does the Koro get a pass because it past in Canada?

More questions than answers! That seems to be the trend with regards trapping legislation.

It all seems a bit crazy! The first time I heard of a Duke 116, was on that STAO legislation form. Did they test a prototype, before giving Duke the go ahead, to put a 116 into production? Did it ever go into production? Does the Koro get a pass because it past in Canada?

More questions than answers! That seems to be the trend with regards trapping legislation.

I very much doubt Duke have even heard of it......bunch of muppets... :yes::D :D :D :D

Typical goverment organisation, run by pen pushers and know sweet FA..

• Like 1

This is what happens when the Koro trap is triggered....as you can see the bar flips into the targets face, causing it to force it's head back in reaction to the trigger heading it's way. This, in turn,causes it's foot to come in the way of the bar and it will break a targets foot, until it twists out. Not in every occasion granted, but I guess about 30% of the time. IMO.

Ergo, it's inhumane. it causes injury and yet is passed, which is crazy!

This might just lead onto a 'trapping is cruel' type scenario and, if they (antis)studied this particular trap, they are absolutely correct.

Is Defra giving them a stick to beat us with?? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

post-16-0-42014600-1458066369_thumb.jpg

Edited by J Darcy
  • Like 3

I had a couple of the Koro's sent over to have a play with, i agree with Jdarcy the bar will push the target species out of the trap, i also think the the treadle plate on the larger ones is too small,

I also think the trap would work better if the target approached from the side [the side furthest away from the bar] , but reading the regs this would be illegal.

Just my thoughts.

Brian

• Like 1

I had a couple of the Koro's sent over to have a play with, i agree with Jdarcy the bar will push the target species out of the trap, i also think the the treadle plate on the larger ones is too small,

I also think the trap would work better if the target approached from the side [the side furthest away from the bar] , but reading the regs this would be illegal.

Just my thoughts.

Brian

EXACTLY mate..... i've redesigned a koro and it looks very good, even if I say so myself. Different trigger and tredle...