Different Tastes In Music.

I will compile a list of my favourite rock bands.

1.) Pink Floyd. Saw them in (1988) Manchester city Football stadium.

2.)Queen. Newcastle.

3.)Queen. Knebworth, Together with Status Que and Big country. Big country were fantastic!

Although I don't listen to Queen nowadays due to, no 1, Mercury is dead. Plus Brian Mays stance and attitude towards any type of hunting issue.

4.)Led Zeppelin

5.)The Doors Jim Morrison the greatest lead singer and front man ever in rock history.

6.)Deep Purple

7.)Black Sabbath

8.)The Who

Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Carl Palmer being my favourite Drummer.

9.) Slade

10.) ELVIS PRESLEY THE GREATEST. I will continue later.

Edited by Lutra Lutra

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Things you dont expect to hear on thl.. "barry manilow, what a gig!"

I love music and always sit in the evening with the iPad on you tube listening to music while the wife watches her crap on TV ......... I am an 80's fan ?

I have quite a eclectic taste in music anything from hard techno to super thrash death metal... Bauhaus to funky acid house if I like it I like it I don't understand people who put themselves in one

It is rather interesting to hear from people with their somewhat different taste in music.

Just recently I have found the time to relax and to start to think deep once again by listening to certain Artists and their music.

Tiercel, Have you listened to any of Yann Tiersens music? Really like is stuff that he produces. I have enclosed certain tracks for your listening pleasure. Hope you like it.

The best of Yann Tiersen on Piano.

1.)I saw Daddy today.

2.)Combine d u'n autre e'te'.

Also Goodbye Lenin. I like Childhood.

Sad Romance. (Violin version). Artist: Jj pyeongkeyon, Album, Over the Greenfields soundtrack.

Golden Melody- Atime for us. Violin version.By Adre' Rien

Just downloaded the piano track will give a listen tonight.

TC

• Like 1

Starts with listening to my dad playing stuff which I loved..

Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Neil Young

Middle school, we were all into metal... Guns and Roses be top of the tree at the time.. But listened to ACDC, Sabbath, etc

Then the 90's hit... I loved the music

Ocean colour scene

Shed seven

Pulp (Jarvis what a lyricist!!)

The long pigs

Oasis

Blur

Radio head

Then came the early king of Leon stuff, the killers ( watched them in Paris what a great gig),

Razorlight

Then got into the Rolling Stones and watched them at Twickenham... Another top gig.

Add

Any mowtown

Mumford and sons

The jam

The pougues

Elvis Costello

Fleetwood Mac

Tom petty

The smiths

The stone roses

And recently the Beatles

That would make up my playlist lol

• Like 3

Middle school, we were all into metal... Guns and Roses be top of the tree at the time.. But listened to ACDC, Sabbath, etc

Ocean colour scene

Shed seven

The long pigs

Oasis

Blur

Radio head

Then came the early king of Leon stuff, the killers ( watched them in Paris what a great gig),

Razorlight

Then got into the Rolling Stones and watched them at Twickenham... Another top gig.

Add

Any mowtown

Mumford and sons

The jam

The pougues

Elvis Costello

Fleetwood Mac

Tom petty

The smiths

The stone roses

And recently the Beatles

An interesting array of music! "Vey good"!

• Like 1

Ocean colour scene

Shed seven

The long pigs

Oasis

Blur

Radio head

Razorlight

Add

Any mowtown

Mumford and sons

The jam

The pougues

Elvis Costello

Fleetwood Mac

Tom petty

The smiths

The stone roses

And recently the Beatles

An interesting array of music! "Vey good"!

Sorry for my typing as I meant very good."Modern technology"!

It is rather interesting to hear from people with their somewhat different taste in music.

Just recently I have found the time to relax and to start to think deep once again by listening to certain Artists and their music.

Tiercel, Have you listened to any of Yann Tiersens music? Really like is stuff that he produces. I have enclosed certain tracks for your listening pleasure. Hope you like it.

1.)I saw Daddy today.

Sad Romance. (Violin version). Artist: Jj pyeongkeyon, Album, Over the Greenfields soundtrack.

TC

When the first track started playing, I was instantly reminded of Erik Satie's

Gymnopédie No.1

As it progressed I though I could hear an Einaudi style hypnotic repeat rhythms and melodies take a front seat. It was well worth a listen and I will again soon.

Piano and guitar are my favourite two instruments, so I am a bit biased there.

TC

• Like 3

1.)I saw Daddy today.

TC

Gymnopédie No.1

As it progressed I though I could hear an Einaudi style hypnotic repeat rhythms and melodies take a front seat. It was well worth a listen and I will again soon.

TC

Le Onde is a brilliant tune one of my favourites.

Another great pianist is Michael Nyman, he did the score for the film The Piano.

I also forgot to mention previously Robert Miles and the Waterboys.

• Like 1

As with all music we all have our likes and dislikes. Some that suit some moods will be favourite this week and forgotten for the next six months. One concerto that I never tire of listening to is Richard Addinsel's Warsaw concerto written for the 1941 film Dangerous Moonlight.

The story goes that, the film-makers wanted something in the style of Sergia Rachmaninoff but were unable to persuade Rachmaninoff himself to write a piece, so commissioned Addinsel to write a piece in the style of Rachmaninoff. In my mind he done a wonderful job of it.

TC

Never really been a fan of classical music except for when I was a lad and me and my mates would all sit in a dark room tripping our nuts of listening to the planet's by holst :laugh:

Not everyone's cup of tea , but i like it !

Hollands Hope. I bet you have heard of the Dutch band, the (Nits). They were successful with their record In the Dutch Mountains, plus I like another track called Cars and Cars by the same band. They are very underrated but have a large following in the Netherlands.Have you heard of another Dutch band called aa and the Doctors? Peter Walthrect is the Drummer and he's a friend of mine. I have many happy memories of my brother and myself spent together teaching the Dutch about terriers. It is so beautiful, Holland is.

Edited by Lutra Lutra

1.)I saw Daddy today.

TC

Gymnopédie No.1

TC

Tiercel, I had an old friend called (Jack Stone), born in 1923. He was from the old school and a great poacher. My brother and myself spent many an happy hour listening to him playing the (Piano). Providing you could sing the song he could play it on Piano. He was playing at the age of 8 and he used to play in various public houses in and around Nottinghamshire. I often think about the times spent together and the tunes he used to play, especially Moon River and sometimes I did it my way by Frank Sinatra. Unfortunately that is no more, Jack died age 90 a few years ago now. But the memories will forever remain in one's mind. Do you play any musical instruments?