The Border Line

seen some terriers that I think would die trying , a dog you put in and you would be digging , or a dog that could only be worked as it needs mending time more than working time , people have there uses for such a terrier. as much as I would justify such a terrier , my personal preference is a terrier that could only work its only legal quarry under ground in the biggest places , a terrier when it opens up you know what is in front of it , no not knowing true too its bay , this type that singles out its quarry in the biggest of places , a bolting terrier , which obviously sits back and bays , now this is the border line too find that terrier that does just that , man enough too work reds but not too harden too wonder else where , make no mistake the terrier is a soft type that should find and stick in the worst of places , this is tactical terrier work , the kind that excites me and is the ultimate challenge . seen a lot that alledgedly do such a job and do most of the time but lacking that extra mile in places and adding too much harder blood makes them wonder , the perfect balance is hard too achieve , I ve been pretty close too it , but ive been with my mate whos been working a first season Russell and excelled in not only the worst of places where she could wonder but worked foxes in the tightest of earths , a terrier i would say be worth its weight in gold , bolting too hounds pre ban ,.....the balance of finding such a terrier is my task of today , a lot of trial and error , but anyone can drop a wife beater inn and dig , wondered if these terriers are easy too come by , and maybe those who have the balance spot on ?

• Like 1

seen some terriers that I think would die trying , a dog you put in and you would be digging , or a dog that could only be worked as it needs mending time more than working time , people have there uses for such a terrier. as much as I would justify such a terrier , my personal preference is a terrier that could only work its only legal quarry under ground in the biggest places , a terrier when it opens up you know what is in front of it , no not knowing true too its bay , this type that singles out its quarry in the biggest of places , a bolting terrier , which obviously sits back and bays , now this is the border line too find that terrier that does just that , man enough too work reds but not too harden too wonder else where , make no mistake the terrier is a soft type that should find and stick in the worst of places , this is tactical terrier work , the kind that excites me and is the ultimate challenge . seen a lot that alledgedly do such a job and do most of the time but lacking that extra mile in places and adding too much harder blood makes them wonder , the perfect balance is hard too achieve , I ve been pretty close too it , but ive been with my mate whos been working a first season Russell and excelled in not only the worst of places where she could wonder but worked foxes in the tightest of earths , a terrier i would say be worth its weight in gold , bolting too hounds pre ban ,.....the balance of finding such a terrier is my task of today , a lot of trial and error , but anyone can drop a wife beater inn and dig , wondered if these terriers are easy too come by , and maybe those who have the balance spot on ?

Do they sell buckfast in your area mate???

Personally I would not waste my time looking for that dog but if ever I stumbled across it I would be happy to give it bed and board. Smaller dogs for tight spots and bigger dogs for wider spots. A good dog is a dog that is good at its job so then a dog shouldn't be judged as a bad dog when really it's normally the owners fault for not working the dog to its strengths. In an ideal world you would want a couple of each type of terrier and not expect any 1 dog to do a job in a hole it's not suitable for. That's just my opinion happy hunting

Like This

foxdropper

Today, 09:15 AM

Not being pedantic ,polemic or taking the piss but would a plummer suit your needs ,serious question .

As long as the Plummers get supplied with a Tilly lamp. Pmsl.

plummer terriers , people can take the pi$$ but there aint many that can get a terrier too that kind of medium .....and quite right , different terriers for different jobs, that's the touble these days its too easy too drop one in and dig out , before we were rudely interrupted by the ban there were hunts that wanted every fox too ground ,ended , and there were others who wanted the bolt for the sporting chance , you would never be able too breed fox only terriers but if dam and sire are fox only then that's the only chance you could take , but that comes with its consequences , I had a little terrier , jack Russell years ago ,.......I could walk over any earth no matter how big , and he would work that like a hedge , knowing he would only search for reds and if he opened up I knew what was in there, but the down fall was if it didn't bolt he would come out after so long, personally in deep horrid places , an absolute gem too a hunt terrier pre ban , now the black dogs and show russells have taken over , and its either too hard or too soft in such places

Do they sell buckfast in your area mate???

Sorry mate jist having a wee laugh as I thought it was a leg pull but I've had a chance to digest your query and I'll this put this senario forward feel free to slaughter me. It's Been done before pmsl.

Just like you I'm only into fox, well my suddestions is why not have a go at breaking your terrier too the Fat smelly flea ridden one instead of trying to breed a terrier that won't work the Baastards in my opinion it should be easier.