Any Of You Worked A Greyhound

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I agree,..and it is downright cruelty to take a full grown canine athlete, such as an ex racer,...a jukel that has been trained, conditioned, cosseted and kept in the manner of a Spartan warrior,

It was a real shame mate as he was turning into a nice handy dog .....  

I reared a nice wee bitch and used her for the roe and hares,...she fecked em up,..and I do mean, proper fecked..   Never gave the game away and told her, that she wasn't a lurcher,..and she never

Good post Phil.

Seen a couple reared the same way to do similar jobs. They were good at it too.

But for every one that has done ok i'd bet there are fecking hundreds that smash like eggs. Seen a few poor buggers go that way too.

Perspective is racing an F1 car in a rally...

Yes, I agree,..and it is downright cruelty to take a full grown canine athlete, such as an ex racer,...a jukel that has been trained, conditioned, cosseted and kept in the manner of a Spartan warrior,.denied the opportunity to feel the wind in its face and experience the tender embrace of the barbed wire and woodland debris,....to then,...let the poor creature loose amidst the wastelands of factory units or forestry plantation,..to tear its guts out in the UK countryside.

This foolishness is pure wickedness,...and is the action of a dumb Motherfecker....

BUT,.when a nice well balanced Gazehound is carefully brought up and given time, to learn the dangers that he will face,.then sometimes,..just sometimes,..these fabulous fast footed predators, can deliver the goods....

I know this, I seen this... :thumbs:

• Like 18

Ruby/Razor or Romeo? Ruby/Max's full Gh's he'd be the one I'd get in contact with if gh your fancy (wouldn't be mine imo)

Robs little black dog might be alittle to small for you? I'd go coursing type

You've a young there that's ticking the boxes, go there cull hard keep your right and go from there, close blood to ruby on Snipes side or robs black dog for your side? Worlds your oyster be nice now tho for over summer lol

you got some memery on you mate lol

from a pup the same way you would a lurcher and how did you fined it for staminer and durability ?

thanks.D

I reared a nice wee bitch and used her for the roe and hares,...she fecked em up,..and I do mean, proper fecked.. :laugh:

Never gave the game away and told her, that she wasn't a lurcher,..and she never knew any different...

Mind you, back in the day,. it was ALL after dark freelancing,.no training for the mouching/ferreting/netting business,...it just wasn't sensible to walk about during the daylight hours,...it always ended up , emotional... :yes:

But, for the quick slip and trip,...I had no complaints,...

I used her for several years,...broke her in the end,..but there ya go,..that's the hunting game , eh. :thumbs:

cheers phil

I think cesar x Ruby ,seen both work ,and are both real good,but in different ways,

Ruby is mad as a bag of snakes ,Cesar cool as a cucumber,laid back .

But both get results in different ways .

Different types and maybe a 1/2 way between the 2 would be ideal . Or use razor or Romeo or another well tested dog of that type,

Oh and save me a bitch lol

its defo on my list roybo jest seeing what ells may be out there it could be that thing were you think the grass is greener over there but theres nout rong with you lawn lol

Good post Phil.

Seen a couple reared the same way to do similar jobs. They were good at it too.

But for every one that has done ok i'd bet there are fecking hundreds that smash like eggs. Seen a few poor buggers go that way too.

Perspective is racing an F1 car in a rally...

iv had to but not from pups one was scared of rabbits lol the other was bloody good with realy good eye site but got smashed as you say

• Like 1

I had one a bitch from a pup a Long time back out of coursing lines made a very good thing took fox single handed dear hare rabbit very well.but would never retrieve anything but was a good catch dog would though its self at its prey , turned in to a liability later in its life with little dogs and live stock shame had to go shame .

I had one a bitch from a pup a Long time back out of coursing lines made a very good thing took fox single handed dear hare rabbit very well.but would never retrieve anything but was a good catch dog would though its self at its prey , turned in to a liability later in its life with little dogs and live stock shame had to go shame .

bad luck that mate