When to stop

I was reading the shooting times today about a chap who has only one leg but still goes on shoots, i find it remarkable that these people just get on with it, :notworthy: when there are so many people in this country moaning & crying about problems they have when if they faced up to the truth, they have no problems. :censored:

What would it take to make you stop your hobby ?

Guest Ditch_Shitter
I was reading the shooting times today about a chap who has only one leg but still goes on shoots

Moment I read that my mind flashed back to " Crutches ".

I'd been out for a fantastic day with the Ytene Mink Hounds and had become aware of this young woman flying about, supported on a pair of crutches. In fact at one point, I tried to take a short cut, across country, only to find " Crutches " ~ as I'd come to think of her ~ ahead of me.

At the end of the day " Crutches " bid me 'Goodnight' as I strode past. And that made me think to stop another guy and ask after this attractive and active young womens condition.

Seems she'd Broken Her Spine some time hence! :icon_eek: Wasn't letting it stop her following what She loved though!

Not sure what might ever stop me doing what I love. Cardio Vascular Failure? What ever; I always have " Crutches " to support my own determination in times of self pity and need :yes:

Guest ROOSTER

last year i suffered five, yes five small heart attacks all within a eight day period two weeks later i had a triple by pass, i was back out digging cubs three months later and have been out most week ends during the season, a little bit slower and a little bit more tired but still loving it.

Edited by ROOSTER
last year i suffered five, yes five small hear attacks all within a eight day period two weeks later i had a triple by pass, i was back out digging cubs three months later and have been out most week ends during the season, a little bit slower and a little bit more tired bit still loving it.

Oh thats shocking :o good for you not letting it stop you :)

last year i suffered five, yes five small hear attacks all within a eight day period two weeks later i had a triple by pass, i was back out digging cubs three months later and have been out most week ends during the season, a little bit slower and a little bit more tired bit still loving it.

Oh thats shocking :o good for you not letting it stop you :)

:clapper::clapper: i cant agree more kay well done mate :clapper::clapper::notworthy::thumbs:
I was reading the shooting times today about a chap who has only one leg but still goes on shoots, i find it remarkable that these people just get on with it, :notworthy: when there are so many people in this country moaning & crying about problems they have when if they faced up to the truth, they have no problems. :censored:

What would it take to make you stop your hobby ?

The owner of one of my permissions only has one arm, yet he still charges around the estate on his quad with shotgun, and dog running behind! It is a sight to behold and he can still drive and shoot well...f*****g amazing watching him hold up and shoot a 12G!

An old mate of mine is completely wheelchair bound and is a fanatic air rifle shooter, fixes mine for me too. He is at an advantage though sat down and resting on sticks coz theres no wobble and he pulls off some bloody good shots. Only problem is though we have to retrieve for him.

One of my birds relatives plays golf with one arm too and can put most people to shame and is always winning trophies.

It would have to be something bad to stop me and yet there are so many people who pack in due to work, if work got that bad i'd keep my dogs as pets and just take them out as and when I could not sell up.

Age 6 stalked my first rabbit armed with a red metal spade I brought back from the seaside-learned that mixy makes them deaf and blind!

Teenage years,in pursuit of coney (in between pursuit of girlies)!

Twenties/30's.Persuade dissaproving wife to let me buy 12 bore for pigeon shooting and bunny stalking.

Forties.Graduate to owning and working my own ferrets.

50? 60? 70? 80? Even if I have to use one of those disabled buggies I will always need to hear pigeons dropping in at dusk,the rumble of a bolting rabbit,the sight of a ferret dissapearing down the hole.

Can you get off road tyres for them buggies by the way?! :)

My mate has an off road eleccy wheelchair but its not brilliant and its slower than the bmx wheel motor that he fastens on the front of his normal chair so takes him longer to get to the permission. The trike attachment is pretty quick too :thumbs: