• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My old American duckwing cock enjoying abit of fresh grass!

muffed aseel

Posted Images

with the above post in mind by fdr and eley ,how are people doing with hatches/survival generally ? im doing pretty crap this year, just had my 3rd hatch and not good again ! sat on 10 eggs, 6 hatched and only 2 surviving after 24hrs ! ,last hatch sat on 11 only 3 hatched and the first hatch sat on 13,6 hatched and only 3 alive now ! fertility been ok but seems a few struggling to get out of shell or not starting to chip or keeling over in the first day

Hey Mo,how's things?

They the ones you hatched last year?

Looking good :-)

Atb

thats the first batch chicken_man. Incubating in the next week or so hopefully as I've a waiting list for them now :icon_eek:
  • Like 1

Had a awful year, my two broodcocks got to each other resulting in the father dying and nearly lost the son, thankfully he come round and is now right enough, only just paired him up with a hen a couple of days back so some late bred chicks for sure.... was half tempted not to bother with being so late, but the hens getting on so best had chance it..... got some sonatol aseel eggs coming from a friend, as pures they're doing well in Mexican shows..... then I've 24 eggs coming from Belgium, 12 are rezas and 12 are burmese, so see how they go.... so not so good for me, but gives me a chance to build plenty of pens in the meantime

• Like 1