What Should I Do

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some saluki types never put weight on. Even though they have access to unlimited food they still look like an RSPCA advert. It's just their 'way'.   However, having spent my lifetime involved in the

Never have trouble holding weight on mine, hes on about 2 sky remotes a week and whatever the c@nt pulls out the bin...   Seriously, sardines in tomato sauce, raw eggs, raw chicken wings, slice of b

I find green tripe puts the weight on

Feeding the mince and the whole barf diet is very very good but if your going to do that you must make sure youve got the diet bang on because if you miss bits out the dog could end missing certain things it needs to grow strong. My dogs have always done great with the best dog biscuits i can get my hands on and i just supplement that with meat and other bits because i dont have the time to mess around with barf or i would.

Very true. I was too busy banging bowls full of meat into my first pup that I was missing out on the correct ratios of calcium, phosphorous and vitamin D. A few weeks on a low protein complete biscuit did the job and then I was more careful to balance it out better.
Ye, they say 10% bone each meal and certain amount of offal etc but how you work that out is anyone's guess lol I feed a balanced diet, natural yogurt some days, lamb one day chicken backs regular, sardines, bit of veg. All I do is make sure my dog has 4% of his body weight.

Feeding the mince and the whole barf diet is very very good but if your going to do that you must make sure youve got the diet bang on because if you miss bits out the dog could end missing certain things it needs to grow strong. My dogs have always done great with the best dog biscuits i can get my hands on and i just supplement that with meat and other bits because i dont have the time to mess around with barf or i would.

Very true. I was too busy banging bowls full of meat into my first pup that I was missing out on the correct ratios of calcium, phosphorous and vitamin D. A few weeks on a low protein complete biscuit did the job and then I was more careful to balance it out better.
its amazing how you can get cought up on feeding meat isnt it. It sounds a fantastic idea but can be worse if not done right.
  • Like 1

My pup looks dreadfully underweight.. No matter what I do or feed.my old man just said not five minutes ago that I need to watch myself before am reported for neglect. Lol I can't make her eat though so..hate young dogs looking so skinny..

yours lives on kebabs and fresh phesant it should be as fat as butter

its amazing how you can get cought up on feeding meat isnt it. It sounds a fantastic idea but can be worse if not done right.

Yep definitely. I've adjusted a lot over the years and think I've got it nailed now. My latest pup thrived on it. Raw meat and tripe is probably about 30-40% of the diet. The rest is brown bread or pasta, veggies, bones, tinned mackerel in tomatoe, plenty of good fats and oils, a bit of natural yoghurt and a handful of a decent complete.

Yep definitely. I've adjusted a lot over the years and think I've got it nailed now. My latest pup thrived on it. Raw meat and tripe is probably about 30-40% of the diet. The rest is brown bread or pasta, veggies, bones, tinned mackerel in tomatoe, plenty of good fats and oils, a bit of natural yoghurt and a handful of a decent complete.
sounds spot on that gaz i simply just dont have the time to go out buying it all preparing it and everything else. Iv only got a pup on at the minute but i used to feed a lot of rabbit before i lost my old dog along with a good biscuit which made up 70% of all his food then atleast i know anything i may miss out hes getting it from his biscuits but when i did feed barf it took me a while to figure it all out and what worked for him. A lad on here rescued me a pup and it was in a bad way when i got her and my local pet store are shit hot there home brand stuff is a tad expensive but the quality of the food is unreal and it sorted my pup out in no time aling with plenty of meat and other bits to top it up. I used to slag biscuits off a few year back but my opinion is miles differant now you just get what you pay for.
  • Like 1

sounds spot on that gaz i simply just dont have the time to go out buying it all preparing it and everything else. Iv only got a pup on at the minute but i used to feed a lot of rabbit before i lost my old dog along with a good biscuit which made up 70% of all his food then atleast i know anything i may miss out hes getting it from his biscuits but when i did feed barf it took me a while to figure it all out and what worked for him. A lad on here rescued me a pup and it was in a bad way when i got her and my local pet store are shit hot there home brand stuff is a tad expensive but the quality of the food is unreal and it sorted my pup out in no time aling with plenty of meat and other bits to top it up. I used to slag biscuits off a few year back but my opinion is miles differant now you just get what you pay for.

Yeh you definitely get what you pay for mate. I've seen some dogs on 100% complete diets which looked and performed well.

At the minute I've got plenty of time on my hands for prepping the dogs meals and the missus is great with them. But if I was struggling for time then I wouldn't think twice about feeding a good complete.

• Like 1

ALRIGHT MATE.

TOASTED BROWN BREAD WILL PUT A BACK ON IT

SARDINES/OILEY FISH MEAT,VEG PASTA,USE A HIGH PROTIEN COMPLETE AS A MIXER 4/5CUPS AND A MATCHBOX SIZE CUBE OF BUTCHERS DRIPPING IN EVERY DINNER.

NOT BE LONG GAINING WEIGHT .

IF ITS PICKY ASDA TINNED SPAGHETTI COUPLE OF TINS MIXED THREW 15p.ASDA CREAMED RICE15p

PUPS SHOULD BE STUFFED TOO THE MAX WHEN NOT OOT SKOOLING.