Waterloo Cup Ground Under Threat..!

Surprised at some of the responses on a hunting website but hey ho...!

Bosun my post may have came across pro wind farm on coursing land but can assure you I dislike them if I'm honest My point was I know lots farmers who have had them installed on thier land and there's lots of money involved most farmers couldn't care about hares or wildlife conservation sadly

• Like 2

Think wind farm is the lesser of two evils , at least the land is still open under the turbines it could have gone for housing or out of town commercial complex. The Waterloo has had its day and is not coming back, Times have changed at least Turbines mean the land is not under houses or shopping centres and it can still be ran even though its keepered thats the way running is today, so make the best of a bad job and retain a bit of the green stuff for future generations even though the cup is gone memories and history will remain

• Like 2

Think wind farm is the lesser of two evils , at least the land is still open under the turbines it could have gone for housing or out of town commercial complex. The Waterloo has had its day and is not coming back, Times have changed at least Turbines mean the land is not under houses or shopping centres and it can still be ran even though its keepered thats the way running is today, so make the best of a bad job and retain a bit of the green stuff for future generations even though the cup is gone memories and history will remain

Agree with that desertbred

Having lived in Formby for a number of years and had a small part in the Waterloo cup (supplying the judges horses) i do find this a real shame. I have a number of friends that live in and around the proposed area and it's not just Waterloo cup fans that are against this idea. I would like to see this idea scrapped and hope that the local population hunters and non hunters a like are successful in there campaign against this.

• Like 3

Good shout that Bosun, everyone that has ever run a dog wether they attended the Waterloo or not should take a few minutes to print the objection letter and send it in. Perhaps mods could pin this thread for a while so it doesnt slip out of sight?

And what about The AWL, how about them adding voice to it?. And The Countryside Alliance?.Greenpeace? (on conservation concerns?

• Like 3