My Updated Bsa Ultra

Fair comment, and no doubt (hopefully) it will shoot and feel better, but you still only have 12ft lb just like any other air rifle.

Fine for some, but if you want a decent rifle who on earth would start with an Ultra anyway?!

Just an opinion.

:thumbs:

ERRRR some one like little hunter started shooting at the age of 8

to small to carry a bigger rifle around (even throw he could shoot a hw100, raider, hw97, pro sport and so on with precise accuracy out to 40 yrds off a bench at the range )

But not to hunt with as most are to big and heavy for him

and the ultra suits him down to the ground and will hold its own with the top rifles costing double the price of a new ultra

and will last him for years to come and then some

And not every one has top of the range money to spend on a top of the range rifle

BUT YOU CAN MAKE IT TOP OF THE RANGE by up grading it just like vm has and i am going to do to little hunters ultra

And iv had ALL THE TOP OF THE RANGE AIR RIFLES in spring and pcp apart from daystate rifles as i cant seem to justify £800 to £2000 plus on a air rifle

That a £399 ultra will out shoot every time

And will be in your gun cabinet every time you need it and not at daystates factory getting fix,d

Dont judge all ultras just because you had a bad apple

I had a bad apple in the bsa scorpion sent back to bsa twice just like yours they sent me a new one to replace it never had any bother with it at all.

Just got the ultra back from the RFD,s as it was leaking air had a full new seal kit put in her and its sorted

The one thing that lets the ultra down is the air cylinder 30 shots

So yes im getting one fitted so he has more shots up to 90 from 30 and thats a plus and well worth doing

and yes 30 shots is more than enough out in the field

but i take him to the range a lot to practice and you get sick of having to fill the bloody thing up lol :laugh:

We all do things to our rifles whether its air or shell there is all ways some thing we want to do to make them better

THINGS THAT SHOULD BE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE IN THE FACTORY'S before they hit the shops.

thats why there are lads out there like xtx air and Carl that can make the rifles better the way they should be from the start

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Good grief, you are taking my comments out of context, of course the Ultra has its uses, but if the changes you suggest should be done in the first place were implemented, it would cost more to start with, and put it into a league where other rifles may be considered. "We all do things to our rifles whether its air or shell there is all ways some thing we want to do to make them better" No we don't, some of us spend a bit of time considering what we need and then buy it.

My point was simple, I just don't see starting with an Ultra and spending £2-3-400 tricking it up to make it a decent gun.

If you want a better gun, invest that to start with on a better gun.

If you simply want to personalise a gun that's another matter.

Like I said.... Just an opinion.

I'm not trying to start an International incident!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I decided to have a longer cylinder on my BSA ultra se ,but after speaking to Carl from http://www.airtechrifles.co.uk/ he said i needed a shroud as well ordered a 325 cylinder and a carbon fiber 28

Hope it fulfils the need you had for the work on it and that it brings and gives years of enjoyment, good hunting.   All the best

Well, I dropped off my .177 Ultra SE with Carl yesterday. I will next be in the area in about a fortnight's time, and can't wait for the result! Without prompting, Carl spent over 30 mins explaining

Posted Images

What i am saying is ,you do not need to spend any money on the ultra ,its a very good gun in it's own right

There may be some that will give you an argument on that, but that is not what I'm saying.

My comments all along have been based on starting with an Ultra and spending a load of money on it to improve it!

......NOT to personalise it!

Edited by Deker

What i am saying is ,you do not need to spend any money on the ultra ,its a very good gun in it's own right

There may be some that will give you an argument on that, but that is not what I'm saying.

My comments all along have been based on starting with an Ultra and spending a load of money on it to improve it!

......NOT to personalise it!

:thumbs: i think we will leave it at that then :thumbs:

• Like 2

I through,t you could Phil

so it looks like a shroud longer air cylinder, and scorpion stock

is on the cards up to now and i like the big bolt to

its going to transform little hunters ultra

just need to sell the raider now ?

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I think that Si Pittaway had a Scorpion stock fitted to his Ultra Mac when he had a full Ratworks makeover. Have a look on Vermin Hunters under ratworks reaper.

Phil

If you have a look at my stock on the photos ,you will see its longer than the wood stock on the SE ,the SE tactical ones are like the scorpion

Well, I dropped off my .177 Ultra SE with Carl yesterday. I will next be in the area in about a fortnight's time, and can't wait for the result!

Without prompting, Carl spent over 30 mins explaining how my rifle worked, and how it could be improved. He showed me all the new parts he intends to fit (all made by himself on site), and how they fitted into my gun. You could clearly see his enthusiasm, technical knowledge and engineering skill, and pure commitment to open and honest customer service. The proof will be in the pudding, but I have every confidence my already decent rifle will become something rather special. I will report back in due course.

• Like 2

Well, I dropped off my .177 Ultra SE with Carl yesterday. I will next be in the area in about a fortnight's time, and can't wait for the result!

Without prompting, Carl spent over 30 mins explaining how my rifle worked, and how it could be improved. He showed me all the new parts he intends to fit (all made by himself on site), and how they fitted into my gun. You could clearly see his enthusiasm, technical knowledge and engineering skill, and pure commitment to open and honest customer service. The proof will be in the pudding, but I have every confidence my already decent rifle will become something rather special. I will report back in due course.

You will love it mate when it comes back