• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dug cubs years ago when doing a job for a farmer with a machine clearing a small ditch.the bank was only around 30yds in lenght and about 2ft in height and in was pulling it away using a small track m

The cover may be down for a good while soon still after the season but I wouldn't go for that, digging cubs and the game needs a break, no excuse except for serious pest control, and you should have h

We had a few digs on wednesday,no cubs but it will not be long now,we will finish up 1st wk in feb or next wknd if we hit on cubs,no point in killing your own sport imo.I know a lot of lads dig right

Posted Images

Couple of days old. Lifted dog, bridged the hole and left them be. (Young dog was baying at them like they was adults) so no harm done thankfully.

strange vixen wasn't with them a couple of days old , she may of gone too empty her self otherwise she be like a domestic dog dam and wont leave them at all that early,

• Like 1

Dug cubs years ago when doing a job for a farmer with a machine clearing a small ditch.the bank was only around 30yds in lenght and about 2ft in height and in was pulling it away using a small track machine.I noticed a fresh hole on the side of the bank as i was pulling with the bucket and when i got out to have a look there were 4 cubs uncovered still alive and around 3-4 days old,it was then i neard the vixon screeching and she was about 60yds away to my left sitting watching me.I stoped what i was doing ,turned of the machine and went off away home for a couple of hours.When i got back the cubs were gone with no sign of the vixon either,about 5-6 weeks later i actually seen cubs about 2 fields away playing outside an earth,maybe same cubs who knows.

• Like 8

Dug cubs years ago when doing a job for a farmer with a machine clearing a small ditch.the bank was only around 30yds in lenght and about 2ft in height and in was pulling it away using a small track machine.I noticed a fresh hole on the side of the bank as i was pulling with the bucket and when i got out to have a look there were 4 cubs uncovered still alive and around 3-4 days old,it was then i neard the vixon screeching and she was about 60yds away to my left sitting watching me.I stoped what i was doing ,turned of the machine and went off away home for a couple of hours.When i got back the cubs were gone with no sign of the vixon either,about 5-6 weeks later i actually seen cubs about 2 fields away playing outside an earth,maybe same cubs who knows.

respect pal

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

we dug cubs last week , must of been couple days old , under a wall on shoot ,.... dog met the vixen in the tube and pushed her back tight , we lifted the dog too open tube a bit more and me mate looked in the with the torch just as I was going too drop the dog and shouted , in under the wall was about six cubs , tiny so we rang owner who is a hunting man and said leave them ......as soon as you touch cub that young there dead ....so we bridged it so she could move them ,....nothing touched the cubs so hopefully all ok

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting to read you boys not touch the Cubs, first thought, it's very sporting of you, had I not been in here reading up on the subject due to finding three dens all within quarter mile of my poultry !