Deerhound X Bull Grayhound - A New Start

Hi there :bye: ,

This is the first time that i have used this site and have been told is a fountain of knowledge haha. I have always hunted with air rifles since i was about 10 but now i have hit a cross road in my life and about 4 months ago i started looking into hunting with dogs. I have got a few friends who run dogs and i have been out with them on a few runs and its really grown on me.

So i started looking around and doing a bit of research on using dogs as well as going out more with mates on runs and decided to bite the bullet and buy a dog. So after a bit of persuasion with the wife ;) , i managed to get my self my deerhound x bull grayhound called Bess.

She is 12 weeks old and from a good line of working dogs.

Since this is my first time using a dog for hunting instead of lead i wanted to share this with other members and hopfully get some tips with people who are and have been running dogs for a while :D .

post-100070-0-56175900-1452982957_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi there :bye: ,

This is the first time that i have used this site and have been told is a fountain of knowledge haha. I have always hunted with air rifles since i was about 10 but now i have hit a cross road in my life and about 4 months ago i started looking into hunting with dogs. I have got a few friends who run dogs and i have been out with them on a few runs and its really grown on me.

So i started looking around and doing a bit of research on using dogs as well as going out more with mates on runs and decided to bite the bullet and buy a dog. So after a bit of persuasion with the wife ;) , i managed to get my self my deerhound x bull grayhound called Bess.

She is 12 weeks old and from a good line of working dogs.

Since this is my first time using a dog for hunting instead of lead i wanted to share this with other members and hopfully get some tips with people who are and have been running dogs for a while :D .

IMG_20151215_204448.jpg

Bonny looking pup you should have some fun and a lot more than a fecking air rifle lol. The dog will have have the hairs on the back of your neck stood up when she is on the arse end of your choosen quarry fact.

• Like 4

thanks lads, she wont be worked until she is at least 12 months old as i dont want to spoil her haha. Suppose im lucky to be in a position where my grandparents have there own farm where i can run her so i dont have to be worried too much about that. Lets just hope the wife is going to be happy sorting the catches out haha ;)