Cockerdale

Raymond

• 5 years later...

Can someone please give me some advice. Have been misold a 10 week old cockerdale when thought I was buying a cocker spaniel. Breeder refuses to have him.back so we are in a position of not knowing whether to keep him. He is not spaniel like at all and his fur is very fine. Problem is not only is he not the dog we were hoping for we are allergic to short haired terrier fur. I also have an elderly cockerpoo so I'm not sure how compatible they will be. How big do these dogs get, how much energy do they have and how much of a problem is shedding/moulding. He's tan and white. Adorable personality so it's really Heart breaking and difficult. Any advice would be welcomed.  

On 29/06/2021 at 09:59, Kate1999 said:

Can someone please give me some advice. Have been misold a 10 week old cockerdale when thought I was buying a cocker spaniel. Breeder refuses to have him.back so we are in a position of not knowing whether to keep him. He is not spaniel like at all and his fur is very fine. Problem is not only is he not the dog we were hoping for we are allergic to short haired terrier fur. I also have an elderly cockerpoo so I'm not sure how compatible they will be. How big do these dogs get, how much energy do they have and how much of a problem is shedding/moulding. He's tan and white. Adorable personality so it's really Heart breaking and difficult. Any advice would be welcomed.  

Like been said did you see parents and I no even when breeder shows you both parents he might be telling porkies, I been in same position 7 yr ago ,my pup wasn't what she supposed to be but I'm glad I kept her as she's a great little worker and a joy to have around the home .put a few pics up 

• 1 month later...
On 29/06/2021 at 09:59, Kate1999 said:

I struggle to believe you are allergic to a terrier x spaniel but not a spaniel. If you like the pup then keep it? I'm assuming it's only for a pet so what's the difference? Either purebred or crossbreed spaniel will be high energy. If anything the terrier might calm it down a bit

• Like 3