How Early Is To Early?

To be fair mate I've stuck some Eggs my incubator already. They'll go straight in the barn under lights, but my cockerels are treading there hens and we've checked if there fertile and they were good , so we're get some early pullets.

Edited by stevo79
  • Like 1

cheers guys ,she has settled back on them fine after moving them this morning into some brooding quarters " a small ish coup in a sheltered and covered run" i put the heat lamp on this after but ill turn it off in morning ,i can always rig a normal bulb up in the holder when they hatch , how many hours should they have ? and does it need to be anything special brightness or is it just so they can see to eat so they keep the protein going in ?

stevo "spring " ??????? ,not up here it aint !!! :laugh:

Daffs growing down south mate.

Answer to your question mate the bantam won't need any light or heat while siting shel be plenty warm enough, when they hatch I'd say just hang a red heat lamp up where ever you can and just keep an eye on things. It's superising how hardy chicks are that have been hatched natraully under a broody.

Atb

Edited by stevo79

cheers stevo , its a large fowl though ;),just as well ,she has a bakers dozen under her ! ,tuzo how much brightness ? they are in a coup 1m x 0.75m and about .75m high would something like a 9w low energy be ok ?"i think thats about 40w in old money" in the coup (their feed and water is in the coup ,well thats what i did last summer anyway and thought about the same with this lot )