Old One Hundred

Rez

Managed to get out this afternoon, thinking it would be the last time before Christmas. We've had bright sunshine here in Lincoln all day, but its been bloody windy, which didn't help for obvious reasons.

I decided to wait for the birds to enter into a covered wooded area I know sometimes gets quite a bit of activity during the day. Not much did indeed show up and I thought it was gonna be one of those days, however a single pigeon entered the top branches. He went down nice and quick.

Then nothing for what seemed like hours. I actually was so convinced I too the image, assuming that was the bag for the day, only for a lone bandit to perch itself high up in a beech tree. It was only when he hit the deck did I realise he wasn't alone, at all. Cue the birds from the Hitchcock flick. As per. Unfortunalty the ones that did land in the branches either were swaying too much or kill zones covered. One did give me the chance of a shot, and he went down too.

I thought that was that, but before I headed home I wanted to check out a thick wooded area that Ive not really shot before but notice loads of activity as the days get darker and substantially windier. It was literally thick as you like with twigs and so on, hence why the birds roost there, but with 100 in hand, I suppose I felt quietly confident. Especially with the smaller pellet. It was actually the best part of the day, the birds were pitching in left, right and centre. Missed a few due to the twigs out of focus, so turned the Airmax down to 2 power and took four in relatively quick secession.

post-94709-0-92674500-1450890269_thumb.jpeg

post-94709-0-21780000-1450890294_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

Very windy here as well Rez, almost gale force at times but we are on the coast so it is to be expected. I had a walk across the fields to see how my pal was doing decoying with the 12 gauge, those birds were really tricky to keep a bead on them as they tossed around in the conditions, great fun. I picked up his spare gun and took a few out but couldn't stay long.

Well shot mate in tough conditions.

Phil

The hm1000 not been out yet rez?

Thanks fellas.

Random. Yeah mate it has. Its currently unscoped, the Airmax being on my 100 shown. However, its been out about 4 times maybe. Ive had a little issue with it, but its down to my lack of knowledge of the HM action. A problem I caused myself, that I had to take it back to get fixed, so I drove an hour and thirty minutes for it to be fixed in 4 minutes. The actual adjustment which I thought was a problem is a setting and is highlighted in the f***ing manual!

By that time the 100 was shooting bang on with the scope I took off the HM, so Ive left it off for now. Got the old man to get me another 2-7 Airmax for xmas.

Id highly recommend the little scopes. Like seriously. For the money it is it easily as good optically and in build as my Sidewinder, which is three x the price. Gonna get them on all my rifles.