Pup Watching On

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bloke I knew came out with me onetime said the same sort of things like they get bored or make a nuisance of themselves only take them out when there of an age to be worked blah blah . We put the do

Pup watching on yesterday's work

One thing that is true, is that they learn nothing at home stuck in a kennel.

Posted Images

A bloke I knew came out with me onetime said the same sort of things like they get bored or make a nuisance of themselves only take them out when there of an age to be worked blah blah . We put the dogs in their boxes in the back of the van he's dog wouldn't go in the box ok no problem with that . Then when he let the dog of the lead he couldn't get through a bit of tight fencing kept running up and down whining , the bloke had to go back and get it and lift it over the fence . Then once over the fence there was a bank of earths so this dog that's never been around a dog ignores them and takes of after some horses with this bloke shouting Fenton style the dog got booted by a Shetland pony and skittled 6 foot lol . By the time he got him back on the lead I let my youngster of that had been coming out with me since a pup of and he picked he's spot dug at 1.1 walking back to the car he ignored the stock and got through the fence on hes own ?. I never out with that man again .

• Like 10

You hit the nail on the head Marshman in the first sentence in that they can be a pain in the arse. And that's what most lads are not able for.

If a man has patience and can resist the temptation of trying a youngster there's absolutely nothing wrong with bringing a sapling along.

Mind you, a day out with hounds is not the place for a youngster IMO.

• Like 2