2 Pups

foxdropper

Today, 09:05 PM

For the novice ......For those wondering why you never pull a dog out by its tail ,its to prevent back injuries through jarring the spinal chord .Always hold both legs and guide the dog round any obstacles.Both legs ,never one and as Dilly says never in contact .If you have both legs dog cant go forward .

Cooney is right about you. Pmsl.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never pull a dog if it's in contact, tail, leg or coat, all you'll be doing is adding to any damage, hold and wait until they break then you can lift them. Granted it'll be a bastrd to lift with nothi

Something similar.

For the novice ......For those wondering why you never pull a dog out by its tail ,its to prevent back injuries through jarring the spinal chord .Always hold both legs and guide the dog round any obst

Posted Images

foxdropper

Today, 09:05 PM

For the novice ......For those wondering why you never pull a dog out by its tail ,its to prevent back injuries through jarring the spinal chord .Always hold both legs and guide the dog round any obstacles.Both legs ,never one and as Dilly says never in contact .If you have both legs dog cant go forward .

Cooney is right about you. Pmsl.

I've never said anything about Foxdropper.

So from now on Mole I'd appreciate it if you don't comment on me anymore.

IMO I'd say you're a bit embarrassed about the stupid post you made regarding tails. That's your business but keep me out of it.

• Like 2

You appreciate all you want cooney if i see a post id like to comment on I will do so. As the last time I looked the freedom of speech act hadn't been amended. Pmsl.

IMO I'd say you're a bit embarrassed about the stupid post you made regarding tails. That's your business but keep me out of it.

Your opinion means nothing to me and as for being embarrassed don't talk wet as you know I'm right and all your trying to do is split hairs and as for being stupid you couldnt lace my boots my good friend so you charge on. You seem to have done it all regarding foxhunting well going by your posts anyway. You seem to know it all regarding most of the forums on THL infact I'm surprised you've got any time for fox digging I wouldn't be surprised if you ate all your meals in front of your laptop. Pmsl.

I'll look forward to seeing your next litter of working terrier pups? With there

Doberman Docks. Pmsl.

You appreciate all you want cooney if i see a post id like to comment on I will do so. As the last time I looked the freedom of speech act hadn't been amended. Pmsl.

Your opinion means nothing to me and as for being embarrassed don't talk wet as you know I'm right and all your trying to do is split hairs and as for being stupid you couldnt lace my boots my good friend so you charge on. You seem to have done it all regarding foxhunting well going by your posts anyway. You seem to know it all regarding most of the forums on THL infact I'm surprised you've got any time for fox digging I wouldn't be surprised if you ate all your meals in front of your laptop. Pmsl.

I'll look forward to seeing your next litter of working terrier pups? With there

Doberman Docks. Pmsl.

:hmm: ,OK, whatever.

Please don't mention me in anymore posts and please never say I said something I didn't, :bye: .

• Like 1

:toast::doh:

neil cooney
Today, 04:28 PM
Nice pups Raymond. Foxes don't know or care how long a tail is.

That's some statement from the man reading from his posts has been in most foxing situations and should know why a terrier should have a good dock. But just in case he doesn't I'll try and explain. ( This is pre ban ) When the terrier is working away in a tight spot taking punishment at the end of the dig and the tail is the only thing available to draw the dog well if it's a stump it's going to take more punishment than it needs to.

Mr cooney you've really surprised me I thought you'd have known why a terrier should have a good length of dock. Hmmmm.

:toast:

Some people and like when it was mainly Russells about, youst to cut a tail short, like a bobtail, a lot were too short as the man cutting them thought they'd grow as the dog grew. When more or so fell, lakes and, and especially black dogs were wider and seen in other publics, people noticed there dog size tail, the balance of the dog and size, though some idiots still crop a tail shorter at 6 weeks and by even a vet enquire, others might make a balls of it. A fashion or dog dealer, showman thing. A tail cut is to prevent injury, endure grip and have balance

• Like 1

Some people and like when it was mainly Russells about, youst to cut a tail short, like a bobtail, a lot were too short as the man cutting them thought they'd grow as the dog grew. When more or so fell, lakes and, and especially black dogs were wider and seen in other publics, people noticed there dog size tail, the balance of the dog and size, though some idiots still crop a tail shorter at 6 weeks and by even a vet enquire, others might make a balls of it. A fashion or dog dealer, showman thing. A tail cut is to prevent injury, endure grip and have balance

just to add to what youve said is, well to me the most important thing to me when docking was legal we would take 1 third of the tail of and pull the skin back to reveal the bone and nipp a bit of the bone of this way when the skin goes back over it and all heals up your left with a nice thick piece of skin to protect the tip of the tail.Ive came accross it many a time where a dog with a docked tail would sit down and touch the tip of the docked tail of the ground and they would jump or if you touched the tip of the tail the dog would tuck its arse under. So along side the lenght I would put alot of importance on cutting away a small piece of the bone aswell

• Like 1
[quote name="pablo esc" post="4112886" timestamp="

just to add to what youve said is, well to me the most important thing to me when docking was legal we would take 1 third of the tail of and pull the skin back to reveal the bone and nipp a bit of the bone of this way when the skin goes back over it and all heals up your left with a nice thick piece of skin to protect the tip of the tail.Ive came accross it many a time where a dog with a docked tail would sit down and touch the tip of the docked tail of the ground and they would jump or if you touched the tip of the tail the dog would tuck its arse under. So along side the lenght I would put alot of importance on cutting away a small piece of the bone aswell

yes, and a older man in terrier's, said to me that a third should be taken off and I understood, it no use too small unless a spaniel, doberman, rottweiler and like some of the Russell we once saw, nothing to grip and not see. I do think some of the Glenn, or wheaton look well with it short but not too small. With a working terrier it won't change the dog, who and what he is, but the peddler, showman will have his view, maybe ones could come on and speak.
  • Like 1

Taking any general amount off (historically) like a third or whatever system you use is nonsense, every pup is different, some will be born with tails that barely need anything off and some will want more. When I take my pups to the vets I insist on showing him where to dock, no way I'd leave it down to him. I hold each pup up and judge the tail as if it was a mature full size terrier, the shape and size of the tail never changes through out it's development, if it looks right as a babe it'll look right when it's mature.

Taking any general amount off (historically) like a third or whatever system you use is nonsense, every pup is different, some will be born with tails that barely need anything off and some will want more. When I take my pups to the vets I insist on showing him where to dock, no way I'd leave it down to him. I hold each pup up and judge the tail as if it was a mature full size terrier, the shape and size of the tail never changes through out it's development, if it looks right as a babe it'll look right when it's mature.

Why dont you do it yourself then?