ok guys been setting up a scope on my mates springer and was getting close as in grouping a quarter inch low and left so moved a few clicks over and up next shot was a flier next shot dead centre next 2 shoots again fliers so I had a closer look at the target and I found a clover leaf group 4 inches above the target. its grouping ok but the groups are moving about any ideas anyone

V'man: "scope" :)

Your technique mate. It's kinda had to trouble shoot people shooting springers, and with respect, BSA ones. So you bangin the same hole and then suddenly your groups switch location. It's happened to me many a time, and the only things changed was the pressure hold on the pistol grip.

This is my point. The more your shoot that BSA the more chance you have of finding the issue.

sorry guys a few beers and nodded off in front of the tv, and yes its a lightning, i've never shot a gun like it and I have shot a few springers, I've never had a problem with hold and can group pellets all day long at 25/30 yds with my own springers, if its hold sensitive I can't understand why it will group 3 or 4 shots then the group moves 3 or 4 inches. tried a few different pellets an some would'nt even group

One of my shooting partners came round with a BSA lightening and asked me if i could take a look , I shot it and had a nice 25mm group with about 5 pellets ,told him nothing wrong with that and gave it back and told him to give it a go, long story short his groups down to the right i shot it again mine was up and to the left , so changed the scope and groups stayed the same for both of us .

Rez could be right here ,might be hold

the scope may be faulty . check the scope dovetail rail fits . its a bit funny on a lightning . its this bash on fit and sandwiched between the rail and the air cylinder is some rubber strips . check that little locking bolt in the rail . check the breech when it shuts the barrel dose not move and all the pins there at the breech are not moving .check the scope mount screws and all the stock screws . as stated above the gun is a nightmare to shoot sometimes it is very hold sensitive a change in style when shooting will move the shot all over the place .