Best Torch For Lamping

• 2 weeks later...

The Jacob A60, takes 1 18650 battery, I have about 10 or so Cree LED torches ranging from £10 to £100, the Jacob is probably the cheapest and out throws all the other by far apart from the one with the aspherical lens but that dosent have a practical spot. The Jacob is small enough to fit in your pocket, take 1 18650, I always just carry a spare battery in my pocket, takes less than 30 secs to change, Look on some of the forums, nothing out throws them if you want a manageable size and not spend too much. You've just got to find somewhere that sells them! Usually about £10, I promise if you get one you wont be disappointing, if Im not taking a bigger lamp out its the one I always take, and I have a lot to choose from!

How would you compare the Jacob a60 against a standard t20?

Is that the one with the zoomable asperical lense? If so I couldnt tell you, I only have one with a zoomable aspherical lense and thats a small LED lenser and thats a much smaller torch so an unfair comparison, I have fixed lense asperical and that beats the Jacob for distance but far too small a spot to be of any use, I cant rember the name of it now? Its very impressive but not much use.

I am however now tempted to order myself a zoomable apserical, its been a while since I had a new torch. The funny thing is Ive learned to take the lumens on torches with a pinch of salt, the Jacob is I think 310lm? And it out throws other torches 3 or 4 times the amount of lumens, all to do with the reflector I guess.

The Jacob A60, takes 1 18650 battery, I have about 10 or so Cree LED torches ranging from £10 to £100, the Jacob is probably the cheapest and out throws all the other by far apart from the one with the aspherical lens but that dosent have a practical spot. The Jacob is small enough to fit in your pocket, take 1 18650, I always just carry a spare battery in my pocket, takes less than 30 secs to change, Look on some of the forums, nothing out throws them if you want a manageable size and not spend too much. You've just got to find somewhere that sells them! Usually about £10, I promise if you get one you wont be disappointing, if Im not taking a bigger lamp out its the one I always take, and I have a lot to choose from!

Hi mate I've looked online but everywhere is sold out of the Jacob a60 do you know anywhere that's got them in stock.

Cheers King.

Hi mate I've looked online but everywhere is sold out of the Jacob a60 do you know anywhere that's got them in stock.

Cheers King.

Just found a place herehttp://www.storetrading.com/flashlights-torches-outdoors-gear-sports-outdoors/111092149-wholesale-dropshipping-jacob-a60-cree-q5-3-mode-310lm-rg149bc-white-led-flashlight-w-strap-black-1-x-18650-18650-batteries.html.

Cheers King.

I had a look after I posted the [revious and cold find any either.

Cheers King.

I had a look after I posted the [revious and cold find any either.
I managed to find a place DK the link is above.

Cheers King.

• Like 1

I brought a led lensar p7.2 for my air rifle, 50 for the rifle kit... But it's about 30 just for the torch...I use it for walking dog and it's a good little thing for small fields paddocks etc....it's got a tight spot and floods well runs off aaa batteries so far haven't changed them and missus uses it constantly on when walking after dark so it lasts well...I was really surprised how well it works it's a torch at the end of the day...but considering I brought it solely for my air rifle it was a bonus when I found I could run the dog with it if something pops up when I'm just out for a walk after dark....it's the only one I've tried so couldn't say if it's better than any of the others mentioned but I use it and I love it...atb Billy

I've got a plr500 copy I think. Had it from a guy who as on here ages ago.

I forget his name but I got 2 filters, home and car charger and it does me just fine for a bit of local lamping.

Did anybody else have anything off him? Think he shifted a fair few different lamps and torches at the time.

Cheers, Matt