Semi Auto/pump 22Lr Rifle

Personally I'd wait off buying a semi / pump until such time as the whole EU regulation thing is resolved. Otherwise you might end up buying a rifle only to have it taken away for a fraction of it's value a few months down the line.

• Like 1

I'm a lefty too and I have a l/h bolt action but I have a Ruger 10/22 (which only come r/h). Great guns as there's loads of trick bits you can get for them. :thumbs:

Don't worry about the supposed ban on semis. It'll never happen IMO.

P.S. Semis can be a drag ejecting cases all over the place.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a Magtech 7002 semi .22 for years, which is an ideal tool for pest control. Synthetic stock with ten shot clips and weighing under 5 lbs. Now sold as the Mossberg Plinkster 702. My blog says it all. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/pest-control-magtech-22-semi-auto-makes-up-for-lost-time/

How do you find the trigger on it, as most lads don't seem to get on with it?

I have a 10/22 good job but a bolt is better if it's just for pest control

Mine 10/22 only cycles eley subs and cci mini mags without give me bother I have cut of about 6 spring to make it cycle the subs easier and changed the buffer pin which the bolt slides back and hits to a nylon one so there is more give and a bit more return spring.

I have mine set up with see through mounts so I can shoot stuff up close fast had a red dot on top of scope at the start but used mine friends one with the see through mounts much better and looks neater also.

Only problem I have really had with the rug is mags if there not clean they won't cycle very well

Some people make them out hard to clean but once u do it a few times u can do it in a minute.

I'm get about 1inch group at 75 yards with eley subs but every day I've been out it has been windy and as I shot of my jeep roof the jeep moves a bit with wind so the rifle can do more.

I have 2 10 shot mags and a 25 shoot mag the 25 mag is only really for messing about as they get in the road [BANNED TEXT] shooting with a bipod wish I just bought a third 10 shot mag to tell the truth.

One more thing if u don't keep ur action and bolt clean it won't run great

My thumbs are now sore peace out....

Edited by GEOFF.223

The trigger on the Magtech is easy to sort Wasted. Remove the two pins that hold the complete trigger mechanism and pull it free. This exposes the hammer and trigger sliding surfaces. With a small screwdriver, I applied fine valve grinding compound to the surfaces and cocking the hammer each time with my thumb, just kept working the trigger. An evening in front of the TV doing this, smoothed out the trigger. Since then the trigger has got better with use.

Can anyone recommend a decent 22LR semi auto or pump action for vermin around a shoot ??

CZ 511 if you can find a nice used one or a CZ 512 new or used, my 511 is stunningly, and I mean stunningly accurate with Eley subs, almost one hole groups at 50 yards, and it cycles faultlessly, if its a semi you want and dont want to spend loads on a 10/22 modifying it, CZ is the way to go mate, unless you dont mind shelling out then a rimfire migic custom 10/22 are an awesome bit of kit, but not cheap.

I do own two semi-auto's both classics:

An Unique model x51 bis (French made) __00002_UNIQUE-X51-bis-calibre-22lr.JPG

and a FN Browning auto in .22 short 042.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Nice guns, reliable, lightweight and accurate classics.

For every day use get A CZ or a Ruger , reliable, lots around, mostly at a nice price and lots of accessories to make them into something special.

• Like 1

What about a lever action?

I had a cracking little Browning BL15, (Also sold as a Miroku ML15).

Tube magazine 15 shot, shoots anything you can find, long or short even both all mixed up, also a short throw

lever drives a bolt action that locks up, never jams because its not a semi blow back action so the

gunge doesn't collect in the 'works'.

Also mine had a moderator with the magazine rod which had a small piece milled away so you could load

it without taking the mod off.

I only traded it because I didn't think I'd be allowed to have two rimfires at the same time and I wanted

a premium grade bolt gun (SAKO FINNFIRE VARMINT).

Cracking little rifle, light short top notch quality, I may look to get myself another!

• Like 1