Can Of Worms - Entered Dog...

Hi guys,

I know I am opening a massive can of worms here but would be great to not get into a row or sniping.

I may have the opportunity to access a decent amount of digging work through some permission I had years ago.

Now I was out of the digging game for a long time and picked myself up a pup this summer to get ready for next season. Now as my pup is only 7 months I don't want to lose the permission to someone else but need the ability to be able to respond to call outs .

So, the thought turns to picking up an adult entered dog. Nothing world beating , just steady .

Would you do it and if so, how do you put a price on something like that ?

I saw the post about the two adult Russell's but have a two yr old here and need it to be safe around him.

from what ive seen working dogs that are normaly for sale come in 2 types..or from 2 types of people!
no1 is from the peddler/bullshitter/dogdealer it will be shite wont stay jacks ect ect

no2 is the slightly better one it will be off some muppet who will likely be a young man but in his 6 years of having dogs he will have had 2 coursing dogs 7 terriers 2 whippets a beddyx and now is into the bullXs.....chops and changes when the novelty wears off but the dogs aften see a lot of work because he dont give a feck where he goes or what he digs....

• Like 4

A genuine digging lad won't part with a working terrier no matter what the price. I know lads that would sell you their wife first ☺ got a good terrier once from a man that used to be flushing big covers to guns and the terrier kept going to ground. Good luck in ur search.

take an experienced man with decent dogs with you until ya get ya pup going, any decent terrier man would appreciate the work for there dogs aswell as helping you out but be where there is decent men and there is muppets choose wisely at your own peril

• Like 2

where in the NW are you? i know a good guy on hear who might help you out if you get a call

Just north of Lancaster mate.

Appreciate all the replies. I cut my ties with the dogging world a few years ago and the lads I did dig with have all packed in the game. Some great help on here , cheers folks.

I am in the same position as you but have found through thl a couple of decent lads they are on here in sure someone will help you out

Edited to add one of the lads comes all the way from wales to kent

Edited by leethedog
  • Like 3

just remember a good terrier man helps you out then you shit on him and no longer require his help when ya dog gets going,is bad crack in my eyes he is good enough to help ya in time of need repay the favor and keep going with him and you will have good sport,and keep your permo for both of ya

• Like 9