Cotto V Alverez

They robbed cotto

The fight was closer than the scorecards said but no way did cotto win that imo.

well WBC was not going to let cotto win missing dont score but thats a good thing about boxing everyone sees things different :thumbs:

Alvarez is clever at what he does,hes the catchweight king,Cottos done the same before as well.Both of them trying to avoid GGG.Alvarez makes the 155 weight limit then come the time of the fight hes well into the 170 range. GGG is the boxer he has to fight next and there even trying to make him come in at 155 for the fight to happen. Be interesting to see how Alvarez does against a proper middleweight,tbh I will be surprised if the fight happens. There should be no catch weights for titles they should be fought at the correct weight for the belt .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 3

Alvarez is clever at what he does,hes the catchweight king,Cottos done the same before as well.Both of them trying to avoid GGG.Alvarez makes the 155 weight limit then come the time of the fight hes well into the 170 range. GGG is the boxer he has to fight next and there even trying to make him come in at 155 for the fight to happen. Be interesting to see how Alvarez does against a proper middleweight,tbh I will be surprised if the fight happens. There should be no catch weights for titles they should be fought at the correct weight for the belt .

Here here, either make the weight or no fight.

• Like 1

Only just seen this fight i couldnt believe what i was hearing when they read the scorecards.....i was half expecting a draw though a round or 2 in either fighters favour i wouldnt of argued when its as close as that......i thought Cotto looked great early on for a fighter with a lot of miles on the clock.

• Like 2

Only just seen this fight i couldnt believe what i was hearing when they read the scorecards.....i was half expecting a draw though a round or 2 in either fighters favour i wouldnt of argued when its as close as that......i thought Cotto looked great early on for a fighter with a lot of miles on the clock.

its the wbc cotto was never going to win https://youtu.be/Hfy6slDflLE

its the wbc cotto was never going to win https://youtu.be/Hfy6slDflLE

Nothing there chief ??

Alvarez reminds me of a fighter from the 80,s Matthew Hilton he was a real clubbing puncher with no reverse gear.....Alvarez is far more refined than Hilton was but you get the feeling a sharp box fighter or counter puncher would give them nightmares yet the theory is often way off the reality with fighters like that as raw strength is still a very underestimated quality.