Setting Up A Scope...

Hi guys, while I was trawling through the forum (great info on here by the way) I have read a post that someone put up detailing how they zero'd their scope, and I can't seem to find it again? So any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated, as I'll be very soon picking up my 1st PCP, so looking for tips on how to get scope set up correctly, any tips/hints would be appreciated, thanks in advance Steve.

Hi Johno.

If you would like to go to the top right of this page you will see a small search engine with "search" written in it. Simply type in something like - "scope mounting help please" and loads of help/advice will appear.

If you get stuck we are all about. :good:

atb

Hi Johno.

If you would like to go to the top right of this page you will see a small search engine with "search" written in it. Simply type in something like - "scope mounting help please" and loads of help/advice will appear.

atb

Not that we'll know :D

• Like 3

one thing I do to make sure the scope is in the right position on the gun . I mount the scope on the gun in the position i thing is correct , to check this is correct I shoulder the gun as if to shoot it but with my eyes closed . When I feel comfortable and it feels like I would take a good shot I open my eyes and look down the scope , at this point in the proceedings I should have a perfect image , I dont need to move my head to correct any thing If I have to move my head I move the scope about a little here and there to correct the problem. hope this helps you.

• Like 2

Hi Johno.

atb

Thanks Mark, & to everyone else who replied,found it again, original post put up by Grim Reaper, so I'll give it a go, see how I get home, any rifle I have ever borrowed (as in my avatar) has always been set up by someone else, so never done it myself, new to AirGun shooting so keen to be able to do it all myself, if I get stuck & I've doubt I will, I'll just stck post up here...or if anyone knows of anyone locally (Dunfermline/Fife) who would be willing to give hands on instruction that would be great, if not it'll be a baptism of fire & I'll give you all a shout, Thanks Again Steve.

Hi Johno.

g.png

atb

Not that we'll know :D

Yeah,, I think so

Showaddywaddy, - "Three steps to zero" :guitar:

Now there are three steps to zero. oo wap, wap.oo wap wap

Step 1, You find a scope too,- oo love, wap, wap, oo wap wap,

Step 2, She falls in love with a you oo,Wap, wap, oo wap wap

Step 3, You kiss your scope and hold her tightly :guitar: -

Well it sure seems like zero heaven to- oo- me wap, wap. :rofl:

• Like 2

Always make sure you buy the correct size mount for the scope rail.

Mount a bipod or gun rest if possible, put a level on your breach block, level it DO NOT MOVE IT.

Then fit the scope mounts, make sure they level up with the breach block, once this is done put scope on without moving the rifle so everything is still level, then place a plumb bob 15 yards away, parallax the scope for 15 yards so nice clear picture and centre the scope reticle to the line.

Once that is done secure scope down evenly ...

Adjust ocular lense (nearer to you), but setting px on infinity , and look at the sky or white wall, glance back and fore at the scope quickly so you don't let eye adjust n focus to reticle....once reticle is as bold as it can be, then on to zero the rifle.

Set target at distance required set parallax at set distance your zero at, to check px, wobble head up and down until the reticle doesn't move....ideally you need a gun rest.

All this will let the pellet fly true down the scope nearer and further than set zero.

To get really picky and to stop scope cant altogether you could fit a level on top of scope or scope rail....

Atb.

awww guys tell him lol

two ways, one is get the scope on the gun as low as poss, the other is put it where your heads cumfy.

later on when you've done it fot a while you can then chose which distance you want to set the scope height for.

get chairgun, now called hawk chairgun.

get a small spirit buble, and a plumb bob.

put the scope on the gun, scope rngs loose but finger tight so the scope dunt flop about.. look at your 'target' what ever your looking at, lift the gun too and set the scope distance..

hang the plumb bob at about ten yards, set the gun on something that wont move, use the spirit buble on something flat on the action, and 'verticle' it on the plumb line.

tighten up.

put the relavents into chairgun..and choose where you want to zero.

or, eye and try it, eye and try and eye it and try it and eye it and try and eye it and try it lol.....and so untill 'yu like set there'.

edit, for propper anul retentment, wind the adjusters for windage/elevation all the way in, or out..(not to silly on the way in..else summut will brake). then count all the clicks it takes to go from full in to full out.

halve it, and wind to that amount,

one problem though, some scopes have to wound in or out a little on each, so 5 left 5 hi 5 left 5 hi..else the glass etched slide may bince up and give you radom zero wander, bugs the pants off yu that one does. some do it some dont...

or just zero the thing after its plumbed and eye set.

Edited by ghillies