Pregnant Bitch

Nope not another dog .. and Flagger don't be quick to judge as loads of people still lamp their bitches while pregnant till at least 4 weeks some say different times when to stop .. Some people like to work their dogs instead of runnin their mouth over a computer

I would prefer to avoid it. Most of the time you could probably get away with for a few weeks but a dogs pregnancy term is only 60 days so the risk can be quite high. Some people might say it's all good but my mrs had a miscarriage from continuing to ride horses for a couple months into her pregnancy so I'd rather not make that mistake again

And Wales1234 mines 3 and half gone and ain't been lamped it was a question when people stop.. Some are sayin 4 some say 5 or 6 and asking why didn I Carry on till she 4 weeks gone

I would avoid advice from those people in the future. If a litter is worth anything to you, you do your best to make sure it goes as well as possible. That's common sense.

I don't even like having them out running around with other dogs incase one would run into her I no it probably would never happen but just wouldn't take the risk. You put so much effort into finding the right dog and you are hoping for these pups to be the future of your kennels. Why would you put the pups at risk in anyway by lamping her

you can work them upto 6 weeks if needs must.

i know a few people that work there dogs until the 5 weeks pregnant you can go to 6 if you wanted. up until 6 weeks i believe the pups are only about the size of a grape then from 6 weeks to 9 weeks they double in size each week until born. (rough guide)

what few pups ive ever bred i feed the bitch as much has she will eat until 6 weeks. then i just feed her as normal until the pups are born. once they are born i then bang as much food into the bitch has she can take.