Spring Rifle... .22 Vs .177

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.22 much smoother imo

Mmmmm and the song goes on. Rez makes a good point,- FT and HFT boys use .177 "like it`s going out of fashion".So "why is that"? It is obvious in my mind that hft and ft lads are looking

.22 all day long.

I CAN DO THE SAME WITH BOTH CALS , BUT I ONLY HAVE ONE SPRINGER IN.177 AND 5 IN .22 , SO ITS .22 FOR ME

I see your back you twat

Did you have a good one bud

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I CAN DO THE SAME WITH BOTH CALS , BUT I ONLY HAVE ONE SPRINGER IN.177 AND 5 IN .22 , SO ITS .22 FOR ME

I see your back you twat

Did you have a good one bud

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Yes mate i did , great place to go all though very tiring :thumbs:

• Like 1

Jonnie the original question- which calibre springer do you prefer?

Please type into the small search engine (top right of this page) ------

Tx 200 Hc .177 At Work - this is a typical shooting photo with the .177 cal. :whistling::angel: (type letter for letter,capital for capital)

(although you have seen this)

atb

• Like 1

Makes me wonder why there are so few .20 guns/users around because logic would say that this cal is a happy medium of the other two, better trajectory than a .22, better penetration than a .177 but perhaps not. I have to say that I have never seen one let alone used one so pure speculation on my part...............................i'll get me coat..

Phil

Makes me wonder why there are so few .20 guns/users around because logic would say that this cal is a happy medium of the other two, better trajectory than a .22, better penetration than a .177 but perhaps not. I have to say that I have never seen one let alone used one so pure speculation on my part...............................i'll get me coat..

Phil

I have said it before and probably say it again , what is the point of .20 when you have very good heavy pellets in .177 and some very good pellets light pellets in .22

With the larger cal being smoother to shoot, do you think you could customise a hw80 to be very powerful but smooth in .25? Say like 40-50ft lbs

I think you would find it will have such a kick on it , may be 22-24 ft/lb would do the job

• Like 1

Phil

I have said it before and probably say it again , what is the point of .20 when you have very good heavy pellets in .177 and some very good pellets light pellets in .22

If you look at five words in my post----------PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART. I was not suggesting we all go and buy a .20 cal gun, simply bringing it into the discussion.
Edited by philpot

Phil

If you look at five words in my post----------PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART. I was not suggesting we all go and buy a .20 cal gun, simply bringing it into the discussion.

AND I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR POST ABOUT 20 CAL IMO :thumbs:

Phil

AND I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR POST ABOUT 20 CAL IMO :thumbs:

Okay, fair comment.

Please allow me to dig a little further into this out of ignorance not trying to be an arse but by using lighter .22 or heavier .177 pellets in order to get over the need for .20, would you tend to go with pellets that do not perform as well as your favoured pellets in terms of best grouping. I can completely understand your comment regarding the use of these different weight pellets in order to gain a certain advantage but in most cases would that not be at the expense of group size.

I am still on a learning curve and will no doubt ask what is deemed to be a stupid question but I am really interested.

Phil

Edited by philpot

argh simples ,.177 needs more air thus higher faster sweep rate thus harder recoil and snappier shoot .22 less so less recoil smoother stroke less snappy which is best ffs i dont know spent 20 years trying to find out still dont know argh ooo brain fart just buy both then test for yourself ! yep tried that still dont know i give up absolutly no idea just just erm..........

• Like 2