What Is A Senceable Limit To Spend On Air Rifle Scopes.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the best scopes I've got is a Hawke Panorama 4-12 x50mm EV with an illuminated 10.5 mildot reticle. For £130 quid or so, this is a beautiful little scope on my HW97K .177 and stays bang on zero

I love IR for lamping, you can see your cross hair better, or if your shooting feral pigeons in a dark roofed barn, where your black normal day cross hair would not be visable.

If your budget for a quality scope runs to better than Hawke Panorama series, then the Hawke Sidewinder series of scopes are a seriously good buy. I have one of these currently mounted on my Daystate

One of the best scopes I've got is a Hawke Panorama 4-12 x50mm EV with an illuminated 10.5 mildot reticle. For £130 quid or so, this is a beautiful little scope on my HW97K .177 and stays bang on zero all through my hunting days/nights. I've even had a few successful wins in HFT with it on the same rifle over the years I've owned it and it still is as good as new!

You can spend as much as you like on scopes but, for an air rifle hunting out to decent ranges, I fail to see what more you would need than this little cracker!
The Hawke Panorama 4-12x40mm version is just as good and you can pick this one up for just over a hundred quid.

If I was on a tight budget and need a decent quality scope that does it all for my shooting, this Panorama series is exactly what I would be after.

Edited to add:
ALWAYS...buy the best you can afford. NEVER the cheapest you can find! :thumbs:

ATB
Simon

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 3

AO verses side focus and do you guys use IR in low light.

There are some good value AO scopes but like the idea of side focus and there are some other good scopes with no IR.

V mans recommendation takes some beating and a good price for that spec which I am using as a bench mark.

Simons choice reminds me you don't need to spend a fortune to get a usable scope but it's only the next level up from my hd sport and I have the money for that bit more so I will push past that one for now but will not rule it out for another springer I have my eye on.

I am going to put my Nikon pro staff on my 77 so the new scope will be going on the HW100.

Cheers for the in put it helps a lot.

• Like 1

Illuminated reticle

Yes mate the last half hour of day light , it really comes into its own

If you and me where side by side , and the light was fading,

I had it and you didn't , I'd hit more than you as the light fades

Unless you've got X ray eyes lol

Atb mate

Dave