Wormed and flead my dog about 4 weeks ago. I used Frontline. Haven't seen a flea since, no scratching biting then a couple of nights ago one caught my eye on his back end under his tail. So after struggling to get the b@st*rd under the dogs short coat and killing it, found another 2 all adult ones. I thought it was weird the way the 3 where all near the surface at once. Since then haven't seen another. I have got more Frontline here, should I get some more on him? Or should the last lot still be in his system and should kill anyway ?

A lot of fleas are now very resistant to Frontline. Advocate or Advantage are the best products now. Or use Diamotaceous Earth. It won't stop the fleas from breeding but it will kill them quickly once they are on the dog: slather the dog in the powder making sure to get it right to the skin. It kills by damaging the hard shell of fleas and other insects so they dehydrate and die. You also need to treat your kennels, house and anywhere the dog goes. We had a bad problem with fleas this year and used a two pronged attack on them, three actually. Had a pestie friend come in and spray the house, used Advantage on some dogs and DE on others, and DE in the sofas, chairs, dog beds etc. I don't have posh furniture so don't mind everything being covered in white powder! :laugh:

• Like 1

Still not seen 1 since I found the 3. Still left scratching my head with where they come from? Looks like some people take their dogs there to brush them as I have seen clumps of dogs hair there since. Thanks for the advice.