Mud Tyre's Or All Terran Tyres

As far as the best mud tyres i'd go with bfg km2.

There's a price to pay with having mud tyres on road in terms of fuel economy, road noise and general handing though driven with respect they're safe enough.

You have to figure out exactly what sort of off road work you do and how much of it to decide whether all terrains are a good compromise.

Some mud tyres handle very poorly on tarmac especially in the wet and some brands aren't all that good off road either.

what vehicle are you considering putting em on ?

Personally i run all terrains now and have done for a couple of years. Never been stuck yet .

• Like 1

As far as the best mud tyres i'd go with bfg km2.

There's a price to pay with having mud tyres on road in terms of fuel economy, road noise and general handing though driven with respect they're safe enough.

You have to figure out exactly what sort of off road work you do and how much of it to decide whether all terrains are a good compromise.

Some mud tyres handle very poorly on tarmac especially in the wet and some brands aren't all that good off road either.

what vehicle are you considering putting em on ?

Personally i run all terrains now and have done for a couple of years. Never been stuck yet .

Vehicle is a Ford Ranger mate , do a fair bit of motorway driving ,but also bit off road

ive been running muds on my trucks for the last three years now as I was getting stuck on some jobs when using the all terrains, I find BFGoodrich muds the best by far, you soon get used to the road noise and I don't even notice it now, road handling is fine BUT as with all deep tread tyres they are not brilliant in real wet weather as the deep pattern holds water rather than disperse it but if you don't drive like a lunatic then there's no problem.

• Like 2

Cooper stt. Mud terrains that are just as quiet as ats and just as good on the road.

the only problem with coopers is that they don't last that long when you do a lot of road driving on them .......

• Like 1

I have the BFG muds and they are fantastic off road, just not great on road!. Ok, they are not noisy, just poor fuel consumption and vehicle now slower. Before this I ran General Grabber AT2s which were fantastic on road and good off road, just not great in mud!

Do BF make different types of Mud tyres ? ....the one im looking at is the BF T/A KO2

I think that's the latest tyre they do ... my mate is running kingpin technic tracker mud MT2 Tyres very similar tread to the bfg's and half the price ... he has had them on 8 months and so far and they are wearing well ..........

Do BF make different types of Mud tyres ? ....the one im looking at is the BF T/A KO2

I think that's the latest tyre they do ... my mate is running kingpin technic tracker mud MT2 Tyres very similar tread to the bfg's and half the price ... he has had them on 8 months and so far and they are wearing well ..........

I ran kingpins before and they quickly perished and cracked between the treads in cold weather. I wouldn't use em again

I ran kingpins before and they quickly perished and cracked between the treads in cold weather. I wouldn't use em again

I will pass on to my mate to keep a check ... cheers.

Unless I was doing quite a bit off road,

And very little on ,I'd personally go for an all terrain ,the drone off some m/ts can wear a bit thin if you are doing 300 mile on the motorway.

My old truck went from a steady 30 mpg down to the high teens.

Great if you really need them but a pain if you don't .

They also churn the fields up quite a bit if you do spin the tyres