Micro Chipping Working Dogs

In the coming of the law every vet will scan your dog as well.

You'd think that wouldn't you but nine times out of ten the vets over here don't check for a chip unless its been brought in as a stray
yes I agree only works if someone's honest with vet all I was saying was why should we be forced to do this by law just another act to take away our freedom like the hunting act also what if they decide to ban lurcher breeds as they ban everything that suits them while I agree most want dogs chipped should be our choice. Too much of these companies like the RSPCA or police can see stealing dogs from loving owners through their corrupt legal processes just my opine !!! Soon after micro chip your kids at birth and your granny incase the get lost to lol Edited by bonehead

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like to think that whatever shit occurred in the line of hunting, I'd stand by my mutts. . . . . . not leg it in the opposite direction, hoping no one could trace them to me.

In the coming of the law every vet will scan your dog as well.   I've already got all mine done, the reason being that if they get lost or stolen then it's your best chance of seeing them again. Th

When one of mine f****d off after a deer the night before I went on holiday I was very glad he was chipped. Fella found him three miles away from where I'd last seen him, took him to emergency vet who

Posted Images

In the coming of the law every vet will scan your dog as well.

You'd think that wouldn't you but nine times out of ten the vets over here don't check for a chip unless its been brought in as a stray

Over here it will be different mate. Thats what the three vets I've spoken to have said anyway. But who knows Eh?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-10-08-00-36-09.png

Looked it up..

Do all you Irish lads have licence or is it not inforced ??

Out in the countryside it's only enforced if someone makes a complaint about sheep killing, dogshit, biting etc. When that happens they come door to door asking for licences. They rarely do anything else about the complaint though.... If it's sheep killing a group of farmers often get together to drive around in a van shooting any dog they see.

I think it might be more rigidly enforced in the cities.

When one of mine f****d off after a deer the night before I went on holiday I was very glad he was chipped. Fella found him three miles away from where I'd last seen him, took him to emergency vet who scanned him and they called me straight away. He was gone for two hours in all - who knows how long it would have taken to get him back otherwise, if at all?

• Like 4

When one of mine f****d off after a deer the night before I went on holiday I was very glad he was chipped. Fella found him three miles away from where I'd last seen him, took him to emergency vet who scanned him and they called me straight away. He was gone for two hours in all - who knows how long it would have taken to get him back otherwise, if at all?

its a catch 22 thing for talking sake your dog hot the deer and was seen and reported dog was taken by police your held responsible

Destroy if it gets the deer aswell I don't disagree with it has its good points aswell as bad points

The hunting act allows for accidents though? As long he didn't go out to intentionally hunt the deer then he should get the dog returned?

Destroy if it gets the deer aswell I don't disagree with it has its good points aswell as bad points

The hunting act allows for accidents though? As long he didn't go out to intentionally hunt the deer then he should get the dog returned?
aye and you think they would accept that don't be naive lad as thought you would know that after you recently posting you had been accused wrongful for poaching before !!!

aye and you think they would accept that don't be naive lad as thought you would know that after you recently posting you had been accused wrongful for poaching before !!!

Wipe your mouth bone head. I've been wrongly accused yes. And walked free. They have got to prove that you intended to breech the hunting act

Like Katchum says, you don't work dogs so it doesn't really concern you.

Wipe your mouth bone head. I've been wrongly accused yes. And walked free. They have got to prove that you intended to breech the hunting act

Like Katchum says, you don't work dogs so it doesn't really concern you.

don't be a complete jobby lad why are there allways bams like you on forums trying to be wise arses! only think you work is your keyboard lad ,lets hope you don't join this lurcher club!! cos all you can do is post abusive crap to folk who ideas or thoughts are not the same as yours and with the attitude you display on here to other members you won't help to attract new members to the club !!!! Edited by bonehead

You tell him boner heed

listen lad I don't wish to be the type of person to be arguing on Internet forums with folk ! Always guys ready to cause arguments with members behind there keyboards for some strange reason lad ! but same members wouldn't say boo if they met the same members at a event or game fair! but i will go back to just reading posts and won't comment again and leave it to so called proper dog men like you and gaz the experts! its mind over matter! I don't mind and you two plugs don't matter atb