Yep natural forks don't buy those black widow pieces of rubbish don't last two minites either

Nowt wrong with a BW..I've had mine since 1985 :yes: ! Bought for £5 and used for a while - put away and forgotten about and then dug out a few years ago.

I have an old Hunter catapult spare that I don't use, it's ply and needs a sand:

https://huntercatapults.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/untitled.png

Mine is not painted but is a similar style and is shaped for right hand use...doesn't have bands though..happy to pass it on to a good home.

Edited by Kal

if you want to shoot a rock down range and not hit your hand because you have no experience with catapults a black widow style is ok . If you want accuracy and power learning how to make and shoot your own home made catapult with flat bands is the way to go . basic good quality ply wood and a fret or coping saw and sand paper is a good way to get the exact catapult frame you want also . I have a black widow from my youth I feel the fact that you hold your hand away from the bands and the bendy bit that holds the bands on , gives a bit more movement while you shoot the catapult adding inaccuracy . If you look on the internet any one shooting accurately they are shooting a catapult with out a wrist brace .

Edited by barrywhite
  • Like 1

This guy seems to do quite well using a wrist-brace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj3c2ul7yfQ

I've used a OTT Hunter slingshot for a while with (tbg) flat-bands and made several natural fork sets.

I found myself spending more time making and tweaking, rather than shooting, and that the ones I made didn't lead to better shooting.

I think people get into the craft aspect, enjoying the making, which is fine.

I currently use 2 slingshots - the BW and one I had made for use with heavy tubes.