Colour Scheme Suggestions, Please.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

red and green, should ne,er be seen..except upon a fool, relates to the court jester i believe.

Ditch, i would say that green is very conservative, judging by the colours i,ve seen irish houses painted in.Honestly, its as though they are all trying to outdo each other.Any of you irish lads know ballybay? as you drive in on the cootehill road, there are a complex of houses/pubs, painted red. Remember that clint eastwood film, where he painted the whole town red, and put "welcome to hell" on the town sign? thats what Ballybay reminds me of. :D

ditch go for a paler green first off,the green you picked will NOT blend in with anything,if your set on green,then a cream of some form compliments it greatly,i am a decorator for 30 years and have used these combinations many a time.I'll pm you a few variations tommorow as for the life of me i cant think of the names of the greens i used.HOLD IT RIGHT THERE MATE,just found a color card,up to date also if ye dont mind.Now look at the Dulux Weathershield range,1st color of my choice would be ''RAINFOREST,for the main walls,then the reveals,plynth and cills,corner stones etc''COUNTY CREAM'' or ''EASTERN LIGHT''.its down to a personal choice really.Next is main walls''COTTAGE GARDEN'' andother bits 'SOLAS''.thats just to get ye thinking.theres tons more variations but you really have to decide what YOU like as you'll be living with it.Hope that helps,go get yerself a colourcard and take a look.OH yeah,a favourite of mine is ''WILLOW'' main walls and''BUNNAN BUI'' for the rest,and its not cause the color is the same name as my dog :tongue2:

Edited by jigsaw
Guest The Big Fish

Feck the womans opinion, no offence jultaylor, i will make it up too you later :kiss:

Ditch, paint the fecking house white, then you can see where the shite is and clean it up.

I'm in the process of doing the exact same thing here, its been dusty and dirty and dull for too long, now everything is like its been nuked, life is no longer dull, everyone needs to wear raybans :laugh:

Feck the womans opinion, no offence jultaylor, i will make it up too you later :kiss:

Ditch, paint the fecking house white, then you can see where the shite is and clean it up.

I'm in the process of doing the exact same thing here, its been dusty and dirty and dull for too long, now everything is like its been nuked, life is no longer dull, everyone needs to wear raybans :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: what you have discovered the hoover :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::clapper:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Whoops! Sorry, folks. Ate my dinner and passed out there. Comes with age and five pints of Guinness :icon_redface:

Ok. Mocha. Cream. A second, paler green? They all seem possibilities. I'd just say, to Jiggy, that I have the Dulux chart right here. I also have the Crown and Fleetwood ones. I'd looked at " Rainforest " but thought it looked a bit too 'glossy green'. In fact, none of the set greens really inspired me, to be honest. But I see Fleetwood can mix any colour in their extensive range - even in weather 'clad', as they call their wall paint. So I needn't be tied down.

Anyway, ready for the monday club, here's an example of what I'm getting at about the 'trimmings'. The property in the picture below has similar trimmings to mine. Here they're picked out in a darker shade than the main walls. That's what I'll be doing.

post-3041-1195440549.jpg

:)