Colour Scheme Suggestions, Please.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I once needed to decorate a room and was like ' :wallbash: ' trying to figure it. Then, like ye do, I posed the question to a Bar Maid. I simply told her the carpet colour and Boosh! Without hesitation she reeled off a Brilliant colour scheme to match! :icon_eek: Women Think that way. I don't.

So; My cottage is old, dirty, rough as hell teralyne colour. I've painted the roof (Gray, with a lean towards the 'Slate Gray') and am now eyeing the external walls beneath that roof. Traditionally, here, it'd be white with black trim. But I don't want to gleam out for miles around, like some isolated and attractive beacon. So I figured green. Mid, darkish sort of green.

Funny. Mention a green cottage to the Irish? They throw their hands up in horror! Say the same to a brit? " Oh, aye? " They say. " Blend in with the enviroment, like? Mmm. "

Well, few people see my cottage unless I guide them in here by lazer. So green suits me. But what about the 'Trimmings'? I have seperate bits from the over all walls and these will need to be painted a complimentary colour. And I simply haven't a f*cking clue! What do you people think?

Here's a rough, possibly very rough idea of the sort of green. If ye could just match it with equelly rough ideas, please. Like, Gray. Beige. White. Red. Ye know what I mean; I don't need " Dulux Weathershild's 'Warm Sienna' ". Just " Reddish Brown " will do. Then I'll bear that in mind and see what's available. But here's the sort of green I'm toying with:

post-3041-1195411039.jpg

What sort of colour may go with that, please? :hmm:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once needed to decorate a room and was like ' :wallbash: ' trying to figure it. Then, like ye do, I posed the question to a Bar Maid. I simply told her the carpet colour and Boosh! Without hesitation she reeled off a Brilliant colour scheme to match! :icon_eek: Women Think that way. I don't.

So; My cottage is old, dirty, rough as hell teralyne colour. I've painted the roof (Gray, with a lean towards the 'Slate Gray') and am now eyeing the external walls beneath that roof. Traditionally, here, it'd be white with black trim. But I don't want to gleam out for miles around, like some isolated and attractive beacon. So I figured green. Mid, darkish sort of green.

Funny. Mention a green cottage to the Irish? They throw their hands up in horror! Say the same to a brit? " Oh, aye? " They say. " Blend in with the enviroment, like? Mmm. "

Well, few people see my cottage unless I guide them in here by lazer. So green suits me. But what about the 'Trimmings'? I have seperate bits from the over all walls and these will need to be painted a complimentary colour. And I simply haven't a f*cking clue! What do you people think?

Here's a rough, possibly very rough idea of the sort of green. If ye could just match it with equelly rough ideas, please. Like, Gray. Beige. White. Red. Ye know what I mean; I don't need " Dulux Weathershild's 'Warm Sienna' ". Just " Reddish Brown " will do. Then I'll bear that in mind and see what's available. But here's the sort of green I'm toying with:

post-3041-1195411039.jpg

What sort of colour may go with that, please? :hmm:

Sentry red will go with it :thumbs:

The paint manufacturers are on to the fact that man are clueless in this field, and women make most of the descisions when it comes to decor, colour schemes et al.

For instance, there is no such thing as beige any more, its caramel cream, butter biscuit, barley twist. - but beige all the same.

My good lady recently paid around £50.00 for a few tins of Dulux "Morning Mist" for the kitchen. When we got it on the walls, turns out it was really a batch of utilititarian "battleship grey"

Anyway Ditch, back to your pleas for help. Obviously, red and green should never be seen" I would go for a slate grey with that lovely "Boggy Green"you have chosen.

PS, THE FUHRER HAS JUST WALKED PAST THE PC AND DECREED THAT "HE NEEDS A NICE MOCHA WITH THAT SHADE OF GREEN.

.......Washed out shitty brown to you and me mate. :whistling:

Sentry red will go with it :thumbs:

'Red and green must never be seen, except for on a fool . . .'

OTC

it must change as it goes south,

cos down here it's,

BLUE AND GREEN SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN

I'd go for white walls, black woodwork

personally i think greens the worse colour you could paint it, i've done a few green exterior's in the last few years and all where done 2 years previously which is nothing for an outside but algae and moss was starting to grow all up the walls and it looked f**kin awful, i know the masonry they used had antifungicidal in it and that did nothing to stop it, what made it worse ws they wanted it changing to a light cream colour which took four coats to cover the green so bear that in mind, i've just done my outside this week, stayed with the same colours, black and white and its amazin the difference it makes just when it looks solid and clean again, the other thing aswell is if you have any ivy or creepers growing up the cottage your not going to see them against a green background.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:icon_eek: F*ck me, this one's taken off while my back was turned, eh?!

Ok. One or two points: 1/ By 'The trimmings ', I Don't mean wood work. I'm on about the corners of the walls. Window sills. Shit like that. These cottages have bits and pieces that need picking out. But it's all stone / cement stuff. Gutterings, facia boards, window frames? F*ck them. They'll be as they'll be.

2/ I'm from down south and I Think I too remember it's 'Blue and green'? Though, of course, we never needed to say " Red and Green ". Because only a complete, raving f*cking lunatic could ever Dream of painting an Irish cottage RED and Green!

Kay; WTF are you on?!

Ivy and so forth? I'm not romantic. I destroy that stuff before it destroys my property. Anyway, this place couldn't look any more horrible than it does. Green'll do for me. But 'Picked Out' in what?

Thankyou.