Type Of Mullet

cast a fly at these a few times over the years in Portugal but never ever looked at it, they swim with the bigger grey mullet which ive caught a few on fly , they got yellow colour tails and and are much larger than the greys , guestimate about 7lbs even tried baiting them up on mashed bread but they have none of it , any ideas as to what sort of mullet they are cheers f8d42c61-fa4b-467a-9e15-0960690e0fa7_zpsoporto2071.jpgoporto2072.jpg

Apparently you got cover the hook when using bread to hook them only what I seen on TV though, grey and thick lipped/green lipped summit like that can't be arsed to look it up lol,good fight on light gear supposedly

rob you could cover the hook in magic potion and these still wouldn't take it , I,ve watched them for hours even weeks and never seen them eat anything , rekon there pure algae feeders

• Like 1

had a look on the net and this is the fish , don't know how the fella caught it or the type it is cheers DSCF1225_zpsxgqdjcuw.jpg

This is what you are missing from the photo................. Some excellent mullet fishing to be had in the Med as well. Her's one from my hols last July. The variety is called Pardette and this one weighed in at just under 10lb. Took an hour to net before it was safely released.Excellent sport to be enjoyed with GG's along southern and western shores in the UK. When feeding, they are by far the easiest member of the mullet family to take on the fly(shrimp patterns etc, never fished with a bread imitation).

cheers bud that's the critter a pardette and they take shrimp patterns I must have had over a 100 patterns in my box but never tied one on lol

Edited by green lurchers

had a look on the net and this is the fish , don't know how the fella caught it or the type it is cheers DSCF1225_zpsxgqdjcuw.jpg

This is what you are missing from the photo................. Some excellent mullet fishing to be had in the Med as well. Her's one from my hols last July. The variety is called Pardette and this one weighed in at just under 10lb. Took an hour to net before it was safely released.Excellent sport to be enjoyed with GG's along southern and western shores in the UK. When feeding, they are by far the easiest member of the mullet family to take on the fly(shrimp patterns etc, never fished with a bread imitation).

cheers for the info I must tried 50 odd diff patterns but never thought for a min that a shrimp pattern was what they would want ,,only used mashed bread to see if the came onto feeding along with corn meat cheese etc