Great pics. Someone mentioned somewhere on the Hunting Life recently that they seen Hares boxing. I seen it this morning, Irish hares.

A farmer two days ago told me they seen leverets.

Apparently according to the day walking crew hares aint at their best until January & February lol,something ive ALWAYS disputed and will stand by..the January/February craic is total utter pish!!

best you post that issue on running dog section and dispute what you stand by :thumbs:

Trust me i know what im talking about ive ran tens of thousands of them over the years not just a few hundred ..talking to 99.9% of the idiots on THL is like me talking to a Chinaman..there is just no common ground and understanding..anyhow great pics guys,absolutely superb,keep em coming

fuji this is a photo thread an enjoyable one at that with some great pics from other members, dont know why you cant put a thread up in the dog section titled" strength of hares on big open land in autumn/winter not inc lamping , or stone wall running " its not that i dont trust you Kung Hei Fat Choy :thumbs:

Edited by green lurchers

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cheers all , great creatures

Might as well jump on the wagon        

Posted Images

I managed to get about 60 snaps of this boxing/mating sequence.

jd get some more pics up of hares boxing from your collection please mate :yes:

I don't like posting anything good matey, I need them for other things. :victory: And, besides, they just end up on googleimages....I'm thinking about maybe getting some images put on aluminium and flogging a few at country fairs....maybe.. :thumbs: i've many thousands of pics of hares here, I might as well do something with them...

post-16-0-60565500-1451829037_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I managed to get about 60 snaps of this boxing/mating sequence.

jd get some more pics up of hares boxing from your collection please mate :yes:

I don't like posting anything good matey, I need them for other things. :victory: And, besides, they just end up on googleimages....I'm thinking about maybe getting some images put on aluminium and flogging a few at country fairs....maybe.. :thumbs: i've many thousands of pics of hares here, I might as well do something with them...

thats a shame cant you put up some of your not so good ones ? looks a flooded market to me with the likes of mason mears fisher etc plenty of towns in suffolk have shops full of pics paintings bronzes etc of hares. good luck in your quest matey

Edited by green lurchers

This is a funny looking one///////

Come on JD and let me know is that an Irish hare ??

Do you need me to tell you that tut tut...... :tongue2: yes matey, it is. I've got quite a lump of photos of them, and coursing shots of them too..... :victory:

• Like 1

Do you need me to tell you that tut tut...... :tongue2: yes matey, it is. I've got quite a lump of photos of them, and coursing shots of them too..... :victory:
Well stop talking jive JD, and get them whopped up on here tight arse

I bet you have.

Had the pleasure of seeing several yesterday morning including one that was so red in colour that I thought it was a fox at first.

I blame the Coursing Clubs for mixing up the gene pool but there used to be several localised unusual colours in the Irish hare. For example in an area of North County Dublin there was an area where the hares were nearly yellow in colour.

Probably our finest wild animal IMO.

• Like 2