onion , garlic, carrot, thyme, cider, stock cubes, marmite, fresh ground pepper

I cook the rabbit long and slow as a stew. remove the solids when the rabbit is falling from the bone then seive every piece out to remove any splinters of bone. Then i take some of the reserved gravy and thicken with bisto and coat the solids sparingly with this to make the pie filling nice n succulent..

all into individual pie cases or pasties sometimes.

served up with greens from the garden and spuds and served with the remains of the gravy.

we make individual ones in a batch and freeze for meals

• Like 2

How do you make the BlackBerry jam pal I've always picked then and boiled them for the juice and then mashed up the flesh and spread it on my toast but never made proper jam out of them

the jam's the wife's area i'll get the method later then post it but i'm sure its little more than the berries and sugar. it is real easy. has to be heated to 105 degrees celcius though or it wont set

• Like 1

onion , garlic, carrot, thyme, cider, stock cubes, marmite, fresh ground pepper

I cook the rabbit long and slow as a stew. remove the solids when the rabbit is falling from the bone then seive every piece out to remove any splinters of bone. Then i take some of the reserved gravy and thicken with bisto and coat the solids sparingly with this to make the pie filling nice n succulent..

all into individual pie cases or pasties sometimes.

served up with greens from the garden and spuds and served with the remains of the gravy.

we make individual ones in a batch and freeze for meals

Marmite is a great little secret ingredient for any meat pie or gravy :yes: and those pies look grand :thumbs:

• Like 1

I like the look of those pies, plenty of filling. :thumbs:

Here is an easy jam recipe and using jam sugar there is no need to add pectin as it is in the sugar.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/326279-easy-blackberry-jam/

TC

sure thats the only ingredients we used too. But bigger quantities. We did it on the stove top though and measured the temp with a thermometer

How do you make the BlackBerry jam pal I've always picked then and boiled them for the juice and then mashed up the flesh and spread it on my toast but never made proper jam out of them

just asked the wife.

for about 5lb blackberries we used an equal weight of granulated sugar. the pectin came from the juice of 3 lemons. blitz or mash the fruit boil it all upand keep at arolling boil for about 15 minutes. test on a cold plate for set. ladle into sterilised jars. job done

• Like 1