Wet Weather Shooting!

Why buy a Hatsan Galatian? Well for weather like we had today! Supposed to be 2 showers, from 1-2 and 4-5, well try from 1 till 6! So I took Hattie out for some roost shooting as the wet will make the pigeons roost, as well as a crow!

Hattie%20Wet%204_zpsl75jemig.jpg

As every pulse of heavy rain came in so did a wave of pigeons. On the last pulse a lovely fat pigeon landed then got mugged by a crow. So I mugged the crow!

Left the forest and got to the track, saw a rabbit, ducked beneath the nettle line and got to 25 metres. Another Ogive sped from the barrel and sent bunny to the great paddock in the sky. Walking down the track I saw a rabbit at the edge of the paddock. I lined up but bunny saw me. Bunny buggered off. Muttering a curse I walked further down the track. I saw 2 rabbits washing themselves in the wet grass, I targeted the biggest one and let another Ogive fly. Bigger bunny down. So the day consists of 3 pigeons, 2 rabbits, 1 crow, 3-2-1, might be a game show in that!

Hattie%20Wet%208_zps0vitd6kj.jpg

• Like 9

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why buy a Hatsan Galatian? Well for weather like we had today! Supposed to be 2 showers, from 1-2 and 4-5, well try from 1 till 6! So I took Hattie out for some roost shooting as the wet will make the

Obviously not wishing to go into detail on an open forum, but if you been a good lad for a long time, now settled,family man,etc that will be taken into consideration,and will weigh heavily in your fa

Oh and the big rabbit was 2lb 6 ounce gutted and skinned!

Posted Images

I stayed in the forest until the rain had passed, problem was the rain stopped an hour after the rain had soaked through the trees to the ground (what I call saturation point, where the water manages to soak every leaf from the top bough down to those on the floor). Meant I was a bit wet, wading through the 5 foot high nettles to retrieve fallen game and crossing the ditches to get the rabbits meant my shoes were squelching as I walked too. Great fun!

Mole one thing mate ill never get sick of looking at that rifle mate she is a looker

may even get my self a one

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Da Da da, more new guns heading your way !!

now were theres a black one new, no need to paint it and in .22

Kirklees Guns in Huddersfield has the Galatian 3 or 4 carbine for the ridiculously low price of £289, in .22 as well!

http://www.kirklees-guns.co.uk/precharged-air-rifles.html

The carbine does not have open sights, but the synthetic does have picatinny rails for torches, bipods and other interesting bolt ons!

Sling supplied and it does come with a nice hard case!

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 1