Bike Work...

Lol at sandymere. She's off the lead off doing her own thing for most of it so probably doubles that mileage.

I don't think that's a bad time for off road and up hills etc.

Mark she won't pull me on the flat let alone up a big hill. Lol. The pup will pull me though.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pup stayed at home. She's got heat stroke from the 15 mile yesterday. Lol

No rob. Always aim for the stars...   I want 100 pages this time ?

When they can reach the peddles.

Sorry but that's not bike work Gaz...you need a bank with at least a 22% drop and go flat out dragging the dog down with you so it's at full speed.....o and it has to be a hot day of it doesn't count

Not every dog takes to running besides a bike mate don't worry to much about it and don't feel that you have to do it to get the dog fit there's plenty of other ways, I've not got any problems about it loads of folk do it just not me and mines fit

Not every dog takes to running besides a bike mate don't worry to much about it and don't feel that you have to do it to get the dog fit there's plenty of other ways, I've not got any problems about it loads of folk do it just not me and mines fit

Spot on that. I only do it once or twice a week. I enjoy it and the dogs enjoy it.

Spot on that. I only do it once or twice a week. I enjoy it and the dogs enjoy it.

That is a sensible attitude fellahs.... :yes:

Obviously,..a running dog has to have a degree of physical fitness,..same as any athlete, human or canine...and for a performance dog, such as a racer or coursing hound,..well,..it is an essential attribute, if you want to compete at the highest level....However,...I don't think intensive road work and trotting alongside a bike is quite as important, for a roustabout moucher's dog.. :hmm:

My mind harks back to the regular nights lamping...back in the 70s and 80s,..where we would be out night after night,..on good nights and even bad nights,..it was addictive... :laugh:

The dogs got run pretty hard,...but,.. we never thought to road work or condition them..

Maybe we should have,...might have caught a few more.... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1