Jagdterriers In Uk

Can anyone see you dig to them or do you just breed dogs from 'working stock'?http://www.jagdterriers.co.uk/ourjagdterrierdogs.php

I know looks arent much to go off but they dont look well worked.

Hello my friend. I spent many years in the boxing ring and i have no scars neither do i have a broken nose or cauliflower ears??? I fought in the middleweight division and retired unbeaten???

Regards Richard.

a boxer can move back out of the way when his opponent attacks. If a terrier does this its a cull. Your comparision is a bit silly dont you think.

Many thanks for your comment. On the boxing side you are correct! My style was always as a counter puncher. Are you saying that if a terrier backs away then it will be culled by its prey? In my experience, it all depends on the nature, intelligence and ability of the individual terrier and in over 40 years of keeping terriers, i have never seen one killed by its prey to date!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its the same old shit everytime. You ask for a price, you get a price. You then ask to see the parents working, as that should be the main selling point! And they stutter and make excuses. You dont kn

What matters is someone and his dogs mascarading as something they are not ,whether they are red ,white, black or tan . ive no problem with anyone bushing or digging the odd time as long as that pers

In my opinion these imports bring nothing to the table and will be crossed into the excellent working breed we have on these islands and will therefore be detrimental to there working ability all for

I don't understand the threat of these terriers diluting bloodlines. as the best bloodlines are close bred and kept tight between close friends. so how would the jagds come into the breeding ? I reckon there is a place for these terriers especially for duel hunters. they have excellent noses and most are trainable to a good degree. its good to see other breeds over here. good luck with them I say. fresh solid working lines shouldn't be discouraged wherever they come from. all the best cs

• Like 2

The kennel club has ruined loads of working dogs I don't think we need European dogs over here that were already modelled on our own working breeds you won't get any better than a good working fell terrier.

Don't fix something that isn't broken

if we already have the cream where is the harm in the jagd entering the arena. I really don't understand why folk get so het up about it.. its the same with the plummer. everyone wants to do em down. i personally don't care if folk want to work yorkies. why would i its never going top affect my life . cs

• Like 2

If anything I like seeing all terriers work to ground. I'd love to see a jagd work a earth to see what there all about. What does it matter what other lads keep as long as you keep your favourite in your kennels?

• Like 2

What matters is someone and his dogs mascarading as something they are not ,whether they are red ,white, black or tan .

ive no problem with anyone bushing or digging the odd time as long as that person knows and is up front about the fact and dosnt think for a minute he has the real deal .If these terriers are all that why arnt there more here as lads are always striving for the best .The internet has opened up the world for everyone to seek what they want and obtain the best of it so why arnt we all digging to a jagd.Take a look at websites selling any terriers these days and try pick a working dog from working medals .Theyve never seen the dark and why -they are worth too much coin to get them dirty or marked up.

All i would say to anyone is try asking for a trial or a free pup and xee the breeders true colours.

• Like 7

What matters is someone and his dogs mascarading as something they are not ,whether they are red ,white, black or tan .

ive no problem with anyone bushing or digging the odd time as long as that person knows and is up front about the fact and dosnt think for a minute he has the real deal .If these terriers are all that why arnt there more here as lads are always striving for the best .The internet has opened up the world for everyone to seek what they want and obtain the best of it so why arnt we all digging to a jagd.Take a look at websites selling any terriers these days and try pick a working dog from working medals .Theyve never seen the dark and why -they are worth too much coin to get them dirty or marked up.

All i would say to anyone is try asking for a trial or a free pup and xee the breeders true colours.

If i have a litter I will gladly gift you one bud dog or bitch and you can try it out and see if its to your liking all i will say if you have to put time in to them as they will hunt up father than your average terrier and extremely vocal but with time and training you can get them to stay close to you ,There will be no difference in earth work as i have said before its there nose on top that is the biggest difference i have seen ,also they need no encourage meant to enter to anything holding back is more like it .

• Like 3

Its the same old shit everytime. You ask for a price, you get a price. You then ask to see the parents working, as that should be the main selling point! And they stutter and make excuses. You dont know what your buying. Its a big gamble paying that much for a pup that could potentially be bred from non working parents. Ive got to the point now were i cant take a pup on without seeing the parents work. So happily put me on your waiting list if you can show me the dogs working. Ill take you out if you dont have any land to work em?

• Like 7

If i have a litter I will gladly gift you one bud dog or bitch and you can try it out and see if its to your liking all i will say if you have to put time in to them as they will hunt up father than your average terrier and extremely vocal but with time and training you can get them to stay close to you ,There will be no difference in earth work as i have said before its there nose on top that is the biggest difference i have seen ,also they need no encourage meant to enter to anything holding back is more like it .

in that case mate pm me when the time comes and we can do a swap pup.

• Like 4
Guest Navek

in that case mate pm me when the time comes and we can do a swap pup.

And that's how things should be done fair play to both men......although fd demented has said the difference isn't below ground but on top using its nose so in a way to see the jagd showing its colours so to speak you'd have to do a it of hunting on top with it...maybe working fox in gorse or hay bales tight cover ect ect ..... Atb tho