Tx 200Hc .177 At Work

Well lads here`s the first springer session in two years - yesterday, for three and a half hours.

I had to follow the pigeons and build a temporary hide, (which i hate doing) and took them off my cheapo shooting sticks , I`m buying Primos sticks very soon.

All shot through the engine room or head at an average of 35- 45 yds with Air Arms 8.4 grain fields. The main tactic i use is "never" use plastic decoys as much as possible, only ever dead birds on cradles.

The AA fields absolutely hammered home with the T-Rex.

The corvid taken was dropped at 46 yds (like a brick) midway through one of it`s "caws". :yes: ( heart lung).- big bugger too, size of two pigeons.

atb

post-85710-0-42817100-1437591692_thumb.jpg

post-85710-0-33805800-1437591747_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark williams
  • Like 8

like a pic to go with a read,keep them coming,lets see these natural hide sessions next,nice to see the springer getting an outing as well,do you think it will get out as much as the pcp's,i know its still like your honeymoon period but does it give you that vibe?

Hi random, took the TX out again since but didn`t bother to say.

Took her to the farm yard for an hour and took four wood pigeon with four shots. Nothing special mind, she is just paying back very well :yes: .

Outstanding springer to work with.

My best tally for wood pigeon was last year with the HW 100 kt .177, i took 44 in one session of nearly 7 hrs but had no camera, this year is 18 and a corvid in 3- 31/2 hours with the T Rex and photographed.( Above first photo)

atb

Edited by mark williams

Great shooting pal. Was you using decoys.

Aye up Jason,

Yes mate the plastic crap for half an hour, (horse shoe method) then as i shot a few i went onto dead pigeons on cradles, - far, far better.

I`m thinking of doing a dawn to dusk session with the HW 100 kt one week and then same again the following week with the T Rex if i can fit work around crop cutting :hmm: .

I`ve saved and frozen 6 fully feathered woodies and the corvid for the next session.

Edited by mark williams