Hawkings Search For E.t

the point I was trying to make is they only travelled a short distance to get them pics, if the observatory only up there 6 years. 6 from 1400 they must be able to see it from here, now they know were it is

Right, I get ya. The observatory hasn't been traveling anywhere as such, it's just been in orbit around the Sun. It's not really any closer to Kepler than we are here. The reason for sending it 'up there' wasn't to get closer to anything of interest, it was because space observatories have big advantages over Earth based observatories for a number of reasons. It can do it's job much better up there than it could down here.

So since it's mission began, it's been looking at a small part of the milky way that is of interest and logging planets that it discovers. Thousands to date I believe with a few that are considered real possibilities for life. This Kepler-452b is the most similar to Earth. :thumbs:

How is it similar to earth born, are they gravity, an atmosphere, liquid water oxygen, vegetation, similar could mean anything mate.

And even if it is similar to Earth, who says that the inhabitants (if any) need the same elements as we do to survive?

Nobody is saying that. We know of one planet which has managed to harbour life so it's logical in the search for more life to look for similar planets.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't even initiate conversation with the wife half the time lol

we put men on the moon long before we put little wheels on suitcases ....how funked up is that?

hmm I don't have a watch of this it's not long and very interesting '  

Yeah, evolve any empirical evidence for these claims, an I must say for being so pig ignorant of others views, your here trying to explain aliens evolving, when the molecules to man on earth, hasnt been, an never will be explained, imo

the point I was trying to make is they only travelled a short distance to get them pics, if the observatory only up there 6 years. 6 from 1400 they must be able to see it from here, now they know were it is

Right, I get ya. The observatory hasn't been traveling anywhere as such, it's just been in orbit around the Sun. It's not really any closer to Kepler than we are here. The reason for sending it 'up there' wasn't to get closer to anything of interest, it was because space observatories have big advantages over Earth based observatories for a number of reasons. It can do it's job much better up there than it could down here.

So since it's mission began, it's been looking at a small part of the milky way that is of interest and logging planets that it discovers. Thousands to date I believe with a few that are considered real possibilities for life. This Kepler-452b is the most similar to Earth. :thumbs:

How is it similar to earth born, are they gravity, an atmosphere, liquid water oxygen, vegetation, similar could mean anything mate.

And even if it is similar to Earth, who says that the inhabitants (if any) need the same elements as we do to survive?

Nobody is saying that. We know of one planet which has managed to harbour life so it's logical in the search for more life to look for similar planets.

Haha yeah born you talking about earth?

Haha yeah born you talking about earth?

Of course, lol. Thought that might get you excited but you didn't fall for it. Ha

Hears a wee vid from a NASA engineer, he goes threw each planet in our solar system, an really tears evolution apart, from the cosmology point of view, the details an pics of the planet are excellent.

Who cares about something as minuscule as our Solar System, the real head f**k is that the Universe is infinite....

Miniscule, solar system, its fecking huge, an we can study it to a degree, an it ain't adding up for evolutionary theory, or aliens.

Mate they've already said, its finite, not infinite.

Think you'll find they've discovered it's infinite, I've just watched the documentary on the BBC.

Miniscule, solar system, its fecking huge, an we can study it to a degree, an it ain't adding up for evolutionary theory, or aliens.

The Solar System is a mere atom compared to the Universe... Think you'll find they've discovered it's flat which means it's infinite, I've just watched the documentary on the BBC.
Edited by DogFox123

Didn't Aldridge and Armstrong transmit something along the lines of " they are watching us from the edge of the crater 2 of them they are huge" when they landed on the moon? and because of the delay in time of the transmission it was blanked out to the live audience? Hasn't there been numerous astronaut's that have said they have seen UFOs?

Think you'll find they've discovered it's infinite, I've just watched the documentary on the BBC.

If the universe was truly infiinite, not only would there be other planets with life, there would be other planets exactly the same as ours.

If it was finite, what would be beyond the "end"?

It's a tricky one alright. :hmm:

If the universe was truly infiinite, not only would there be other planets with life, there would be other planets exactly the same as ours.

It's a question we will never know but simple mathematics have solved the question as we know it...

It's a question we will never know but simple mathematics have solved the question as we know it...

I'd be deeply deeply sceptical of anything that point to any real quantity being infinite. And I don't believe that the topology of the universe being flat means it has to be infinite? Alternatively the curvature of space may be so slight that our measurements cannot detect it and so it appears flat within the error of measurement.

Instinctively infinity fills me with doubt...

• Like 2

I'd be deeply deeply sceptical of anything that point to any real quantity being infinite. And I don't believe that the topology of the universe being flat means it has to be infinite? Alternatively the curvature of space may be so slight that our measurements cannot detect it and so it appears flat within the error of measurement.

Instinctively infinity fills me with doubt...

The point is our observable universe as we know it from the Big Bang is infinite...