Anyone Had Dogs Toe Removed?

Hi

Just woundering if anyone has had a toe removed off their dog before and did it effect them? My dog broke his toe over a year ago which has healed and had no effect untill now..the nail is dead and split causing his toe pad to swell. Vet reccomended removing full toe but dont want to effect his movement. Anyone had this problem? Thanks

Had front middle taken off my bitch...

Outside toes never held up..

Possibly the bitch had bad feet - finished her running career before it took off.

Edited by Giro

I will go for it, hopefully he will still be as good of a worker as now but had a good few years with him so dont mind if not, aslong as hes happy am happy. And yes your very right about bullx hes terrible with sharp turns :D but they all have there strenghs.

Thanks alot everyone, will let yous no how it goes.

• Like 1

had a big dog lose an outside toe about 35 year ago still did 3/3 no bother but the same happened to his other foot a couple of year later so i retired him to the house young and daft. ran them anywhere but he lived a good life after.