I usually make it every year but as it's only me that drinks it and I its not one of my favourite hedgerow brews I've decided not to bother this year. So I'm going to try and beat the birds to the elderberries and make some wine, I'm going to throw some netting over the Elder tree in my hedge and harvest as many as I can.

I was supposed to make my Elderflower champagne today but didn't get around to it, so hopefully tomorrow.

Should be good, the flowers in the hedge look very good this year.

Actually, everything's flowering great at the moment. Should be a sign of a good fruit harvest.

anyone got a recipe to put up for elderflower champagne or cordial ?

I tried this recipe of the net for the elderflower cordial mate

3 ltr water

1 kg granulated sugar

30 elderflower heads

2 lemons with skin grated and chopped up

Just warm the water enough to dissolve the sugar then add the elderflower heads. Next grate the lemon skin and chop the lemon up and add to the pan, give it a stir and cover with tea towel and leave for 48 hours. then you can drain the cordial out using a muslin square inside a collander within a bowl to filter everything and leave you with the lovely cordial. All thats left is to bottle it. Hope this helps.

Add a teaspoon of tartaric acid (cream of tartar) per litre and it will keep till the end of days too ;)

Never heard of tartaric acid before donna but thats interesting, ive heard that you can use citric acid to add to it apparently to increase shelf life. but since their is lemon already in it, so i didnt bother as this will be gone pretty quick knowing what my familys like lol.