Brand New Hw100 .22 Accuracy ?

Used the information from this thread to start on the right track with my new Hw100kt .22. I used a vfg pull through with a felt soaked in barrel cleaner. After 5-6 pulls through it was coming out clean. I then tried job exact jumbo's 5.52 which were shooting little finger nail sized groups at 25 yards. Quite happy, decided it could do better so tried h&n ftt in 5.53 I was shocked when the groups got smaller.

The H&N FTT pellets were far more consistent on the chrono and much safer from a power perspective. Very happy with the hw100kt.

• Like 2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cleaned the barrel when I got in from work, at least 8 pull throughs , it was minging ! just put 140 pellets through it in the garden, pellet on pellet from the first pellet, you wouldn't think you wo

Did you clean the barrel first ? Try H&N ftt and falcon accuracy plus , if it still the same take it back , They have had some problems with barrel ,mine was the same but Hullcartridge changed

Used the information from this thread to start on the right track with my new Hw100kt .22. I used a vfg pull through with a felt soaked in barrel cleaner. After 5-6 pulls through it was coming out cle

Used the information from this thread to start on the right track with my new Hw100kt .22. I used a vfg pull through with a felt soaked in barrel cleaner. After 5-6 pulls through it was coming out clean. I then tried job exact jumbo's 5.52 which were shooting little finger nail sized groups at 25 yards. Quite happy, decided it could do better so tried h&n ftt in 5.53 I was shocked when the groups got smaller.

The H&N FTT pellets were far more consistent on the chrono and much safer from a power perspective. Very happy with the hw100kt.

I use H&N FTT 0.177 in mine. Tried 20+ different pellets and these are the best. With the Weirach F&T Specials a close second.

I use H&N FTT 0.177 in mine. Tried 20+ different pellets and these are the best. With the Weirach F&T Specials a close second.

Where as my own prefers the softer pellet. Strange really. AA/Exact.

I might actually five the little fizzers [H&N] another try.

Falcon accuracy plus in MyHW100k, HW80, HW95 , HW97k , weighed some H&N ftt the weight difference was as much as 1.5 gr ,ok at grouping but now where near good as Falcons and the fly @ 620-625 fps

Here is a five shot group done 5 mins ago. I picked the gun up and this is the first five shots no retakes or second attempts. Five shots straight off.

25 yards h&n ftt 5.53 5 shots. Pretty happy with the hw100kt so far.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

never had a 100 that doesn't like h and n ftt pellets or baracuda match. im in my 6th.

6!? I have no idea what to type about that... I don't know what I mean, but what was so wrong with the other 5? :)

nothing wrong with any of them mate. first 1 i sold when i was skint. then bought another second hand. px'd it for a new 1. then i swapped the kt for a daystate airwolf. didnt like it. so traded it in for a full length hw 100t. didnt like it as much as the kt so i swapped it for a kt. sometime inbetween all these thumb hole stock models i had a sporter stock model in .22. ive also tried a lot of othee pcps but always come back to the hw 100kt

• Like 1

I am trying AA Fields in 5.51 at the moment. Don't know if they are as good as Ftt in 5.53 but I need to check at 45-50 yards. Hull Catridge did recommend 5.51 head size to cut down on the fouling and to reduce barrel cleaning I might try a tin of there own ft specials just to close the loop and make a final choice before buying a sleeve.

• 4 weeks later...